Adding power seat base to Pass. Side.

Baddflash

I have the 12-way STE buckets in my car and I just picked up a set of leathers so I have my old cloth set and spare harness.

Does anyone know if the controls will work, with modification to do this. Like if I just add the extra wires for the pass side to the controls and seats will it work?

I believe someone was doing this awhile ago, though I forget who.

I would really like the power base on both sides.

Thanks for any help.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/Baddflash/000_0487.jpg

I have a spare power base I was going to try to adapt, but on my seats at least, some cutting and welding will be required to adapt it to the passenger seat.

Gnatgosplat:

I'm just installing the old driver seat on the pass. side and swapping the seat covers over to the leather, so no modification will be needed for the seat. Just the wiring and controls.

92petty:

You obviously don't understand what I'm doing. The STE seats are already in the car, but they never had a power base for the passenger side. Hence my title "adding power seat base to pass. side"

Gnatgosplat:

I'm just installing the old driver seat on the pass. side and swapping the seat covers over to the leather, so no modification will be needed for the seat. Just the wiring and controls.

You sure you can do that? It's my understanding that the offset of the driver seat makes it so it won't fit correctly on the passenger side.

Gnatgosplat:

You sure you can do that? It's my understanding that the offset of the driver seat makes it so it won't fit correctly on the passenger side.

I believe Shawn is right. *I think* that the seat rails are actually uneven for some odd reason.

i was the one doing this first. baddflash you can't put the driver's seat in the pass side without it hitting the door. you can try to cut and splice the driver's and pass side rails together to get them to sit right, but it'll be a task. i ended up giving up and had my friend stamp out mirror images of the driver's side mounting rails while he was at work.

the wiring i'm a little iffy about. i went from the 10? way power seats from a 90 gp to charcoal leather from a 97 cutty.

but a driver's WILL hit the pass side door if you don't modify the rails a bit.

dan

i ended up giving up and had my friend stamp out mirror images of the driver's side mounting rails while he was at work.

Would he be willing to do this for $$$? If so, how much?

I've got the mounting part figured out, some minor modifications and it'll work fine. The control/wiring is my biggest concern cause if it won't work and maintain stock appearance/functionality I won't bother.

Stockgp can you give me an idea of how many wires you had to run to the controls or where ever to make it work. How does the motor signalling work? Is it one wire for up one for down or + up - down.? There's only 3 spare spots coming out of the controls so if it isn't the latter I don't believe it can be done.

Thanks for any help.

ok then. all you need to do is hook a power and ground up. the driver's seat is run off a circuit breaker in the convenience center. i just spliced mine into the driver's side wiring with a harness i got out of another car.

What about the controls in the center console? These seats do not have controls in them for the seat base or anything else, they are run from the controls in the armrest. The pass. side already has power/ground and the control harness for the seatback and leg supports, there is another harness on the drivers seat for the power base and airpump ( which is not needed on the pass. side). I need to figure out the control wiring for the base only, everything else is taken car of.

I'm going to asssume that the cutty seats have the controls built into them which is a totally different game than this.

Thanks anyway.

oh i thought you just needed to figure out how to wire up the base. i didn't take the whole harness out for the lumbar support controls, so i'm not sure about where they are wired to. ask 92pettyedition. he did the aq9 swap into his car.

Nevermind, Thanks for trying guys but if you've not done exactly the same thing already it's pretty hard to be of much help.

I guess I'll have to figure it out myself.