Fog lamp bulb question....

89BuickRegalGS

Is it ok to go from a 55 watt bulb to a 100 watt one? My headlights are horrible as it is (the lenses are all kinds of cloudy form pits and scratches) and it cost to much to but new lenses (190.00 each), and well, my fog lamp bulbs are smashed form my fenderbender, and also (!) they don't have any 55 watts left at teh Walmart.... So all I need to know now is if they are safe to use in my car power wise ( I don't know jack all about a cars electrical system). I had OEM foglamps on the car until recently, and I switched tehm out with aftermarket bulbs hooked into teh stock wiring (I don't know if this has any bearing or not, so I thought I would throw this in).

Ok, I have typed to much for such a simple question. :D

not sure if the "bucks" are the same type of harness, but even the stock 55 watt fogs drain the batt, more then the brights do, so they my not have a thick enough gage wire, the other thing to consider is the amps of the relay they have in there, if its 30amps it should be fine, also the stock fuses may be a low amps if thats the case its ethier cuz the wiring harness can't take alot of resistance or they figured the relay would do the work? :? well I also said too much for a hole lot of nothing.

No, 100W aren't safe and they don't last long either.

I leave my foglights turned on at night, and the 100W only lasted 1-2wks while 55W lasts for years.

Also, after using 100W bulbs in my Cutlass twice, the bulkhead connector at the firewall melted around the terminal that feeds power to the head/park/foglights. So I had no lights at all, and needed to dismantle the connector and clean the burnt crust off the terminals and reinforce the area around the terminals so that they would still make a connection when I plugged the connector back together.

I've stayed with 55W ever since and that was maybe 7yrs ago.