Passenger window problem?

Kalgorn

So I go out to my car at work today to put my windows down a bit and open my sunroof so it wouldn't be filled with scalding heat when I left. I turned the key to "ON" and hit the buttons to put both windows down a bit. I check passenger... didn't move. I hit it again and nothing. So I reached over to try the passenger side switch thinking it could be the driver's switch that died... nothing. No idea.

So when I left today, I turned the car on and both windows worked fine. WTF?

If I remember, I'm gonna try the passenger window again with the key to "ON" when I leave school today to see if it does it again. What could possibly cause this? Fluke?

No. I thought about that too but it hasn't. And wouldn't the passenger switch still work even if the driver switch fried?

not necessarily.....sometimes it can cause problems because it is still plugged in. Unplug it and see if the passenger side control works

Not to me. The motor still works perfect. Window goes up and down the same it did the first day I got the car. If it was the motor, I would be seeing other problems such as grinding when putting the window up and down, window getting stuck in certain spots, etc. I've dealt with a dying motor before.

Guest Gp crazy

On my ste the pass. window does not work up or down. But it still draws power hit either button and the volt gague drops a little just like the other three? I think its a motor but my brother inlaw says there is a little black box in the door some where that may be the problem. true or false? Thanks

I had that same problem on my car but it was the driver's window. I would hit the button... nothing. However the dome light would dim when I hit it.

It's the window motor. Cost me $65 at a junkyard and turns out it's not the greatest motor either. I think it's crapping out on me again. Was a pain in the ass to replace.

Have fun.

Not to me. The motor still works perfect. Window goes up and down the same it did the first day I got the car. If it was the motor, I would be seeing other problems such as grinding when putting the window up and down, window getting stuck in certain spots, etc. I've dealt with a dying motor before.

I had one that radomly would not work for almost a year. It was very random. Finally after about a year it started to get more frequent and begun to get stuck in different places and then it quit.

I had that same problem on my car but it was the driver's window. I would hit the button... nothing. However the dome light would dim when I hit it.

It's the window motor. Cost me $65 at a junkyard and turns out it's not the greatest motor either. I think it's crapping out on me again. Was a pain in the ass to replace.

Have fun.

You might want to try pricing them new. Autozone has them for less than $50.

I'm gonna bet something has happened to the switch. Even humidity from recent rain or something could have corroded it so it wasn't making a good contact.

My dad's pos Taurus does this sonmetimes where the left rear window goes down but won't go back up. A good punch to the door panel by the window switches solves this problem.

Have fun.

You might want to try pricing them new. Autozone has them for less than $50.

WTF

I think I remember calling NAPA and asking if they had them. They told me it was OEM only and I would have to get one from a dealer or from a J/Y. I could be wrong though... I might not have tried. Don't remember.

I'll remember that for next time though. Next time it will be easy to fix because I had to nut/bolt it in instead of pop rivot.