harsh idle

dohc v6

every time i start my car it idles at 2000 and some times goes up to 3000. so if i keep pudhing on the gas a little it will somtimes go down or if i am in gear it will go down if i press on the gas a little it will go down. could it be a stick iac. please help i hate the idle

You've gotta reset the timing. I don't know the idle-relearn procedure offhand, but someone else might. If no one else posts it by the time I get home today, I'll look in my Haynes manual. I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

do you have to do that procedure....wont it learn it after time??

Umm I don't believe it will "learn" it again unless you tell it to...aka doing the above procedure. :D

umm, actually i do think it relearns it if u drive long enough, but its prolly much easier to do that, cause my car idled like crap, after the batter died, and after a while it was just fine

umm, actually i do think it relearns it if u drive long enough, but its prolly much easier to do that, cause my car idled like crap, after the batter died, and after a while it was just fine

even if it does, why do that when there's a simple re-learn procedure? that makes no sense to me...

thats what i said, its much easier to do that, as in the idle relearn process

wow this is the second post I've misread in less than 3 minutes while at work. I'm gonna get some coffee now to get me through this last hour...jesus christ... :oops:

only cuz i dont feel like letting it idle for 10 mins+ and yesterday i pulled the fuse on the ecm and after a max of driving a mile its already relearned