oil buring smell but where

dohc v6

ok i have a 94 z34. every day i drive to and from anywhere after i get out of the car i walk in front of it and i smell oil burning. now i looked under neath and no oil dripping , i look on the exhause manifold no oil. so i took off the intake and when i open the throttle body i can see oil in there. now i dont know how it got in there but could that be it. and also i shook the pcv valve and it rattle so its ok. one thing when i disconeted the vaccum hose on the intake ( not the plenum) there was an oily residue around it. please help i can find the oil

Since you're also complaining of a somewhat erratic idle(in that other post), I wouldn't be surprised if you had a lower intake gasket leak that is not only causing a vacuum issue, but is pissing a little oil out at the same time. Try to to look on the corners of the lower intake where it seats to the block for oil weepage. It's likely going to leak on the drivers side, but it wouldn't hurt to look on both sides.

well i think the idle is because of my iac. because when it was idleing high today i disconnected the connector for the iac and nothing happened. so if nothing happened it means that it is not doing anything. i switched intake manifolds but use the gaskets twice because they were pretty much brand new. as for the idle i have to fix it because i am going to blow up this brand new engine.

well i think the idle is because of my iac. because when it was idleing high today i disconnected the connector for the iac and nothing happened. so if nothing happened it means that it is not doing anything. i switched intake manifolds but use the gaskets twice because they were pretty much brand new. as for the idle i have to fix it because i am going to blow up this brand new engine.

I don't get it...even if they look brand new why did you reuse the gaskets? I dunno maybe it's just me, but when it's something that critical, I'd use something new and quality... :?

i know its just they are like 30 $ and i replaced them 8 times trying to find the leak.i found out that it was the porting that a kid did for me in the neighbor hood.learned my lesen

I'd replace the gaskets with brand new fel-pro gaskets and be done with it - make sure you tighten everything to spec's and clean all the old gasket material off of the mating surfaces.

--Dave.