Installing UB3 (Updated)

Supreme Cutlass

Guest TurboSedan

a jewelers or eyeglass screwdriver. a needle will work fine too. there is a small hole on the plug side (not the wire side) that you insert the needle into to depress the tab. gently pull/wiggle on the wire while you do this and it should slide right out.

Well, the gauges light up, everything that's supposed to work (haven't put in senders yet) is working, except my RPM's aren't coming up... what's up?

Edit: I found this via a little searching:

"The Tacho needs to be run from the orange ALDL connector.. THen it will work"

how do I do that? I assume that the male end is the four prong connection on the back of the cluster, but where is the female end?

Guest TurboSedan
Well, the gauges light up, everything that's supposed to work (haven't put in senders yet) is working, except my RPM's aren't coming up... what's up?

Edit: I found this via a little searching:

"The Tacho needs to be run from the orange ALDL connector.. THen it will work"

how do I do that? I assume that the male end is the four prong connection on the back of the cluster, but where is the female end?

just extend a wire down from pin C13 to the orange ALDL wire. i spliced it to the back side of the ALDL. works great.