Looking to shed a few pounds?

slick

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm

Ok, this site has been posted before, and everyone just had speculations. Well, I decided to go beyond speculation, and give them a call.

The front clip's are extended 8 inches, same with the hood.

The trunk lid is a pin on, but WILL FIT in the same location as our trunk lids.

The rear bumpers WILL FIT in the same location as ours, you just need to make your own mounts.

As for the hood, it is a pin on as well. It is about 8 inches too long, but, the lady did say that if you trim it back at the windshield, it will work for our vehicles as well.

Prices are actually really damn good, considering these are fully fiberglassed parts.

I think she said the trunk lid was in the $180 range, the rear bumper like $320 something, and the hood was $200 something dollars.

So... who's gonna be the first? :twisted:

They have regal stuff! W00T!!! But I might want to replace this 2.8 before I go for a pro street look...... :oops:

It does line up perfectly, you do have you make your own mounts though for the rear bumper. And, for the hood and trunklid, if you do not want to pin it on, you do have to make your own mounts on there as well.

VFN is not a cheap company, but they deal in mainly race-only parts, which aren't made to bolt onto stock hinges, mounts, etc...

they make great stuff

Race fiberglass on the street is a bad idea.

depends how insane you are...

my camaro had full on race 1 peice front end, no bumper, no nothing between me and oncoming traffic but a subframe. shedding 300# off the nose of a front heavy car = priceless.

is there a difference in safety between these types of parts and stock fiberglass body panels that some cars came with from the factory?

is there a difference in safety between these types of parts and stock fiberglass body panels that some cars came with from the factory?

In all reality, there is some safety difference. The metal panels on these cars help us avoid getting injured.

On vehicles that have the fiberglass/plastic door panels and what not, they are reinforced to better protect the driver.

As for me, I am considering the trunk lid, the rear bumper, the hood, and possibly the front clip, although that would take a lot of cutting to get it to fit right. For what I would be paying, I would be shaving enough weight to make a noticeable seat of the pants difference, and quarter mile difference. Hell, the car would probably even handle better AND stop better, being as it would be as much of a whale as what these cars currently are.

In all reality, there is some safety difference. The metal panels on these cars help us avoid getting injured.

On vehicles that have the fiberglass/plastic door panels and what not, they are reinforced to better protect the driver.

As for me, I am considering the trunk lid, the rear bumper, the hood, and possibly the front clip, although that would take a lot of cutting to get it to fit right. For what I would be paying, I would be shaving enough weight to make a noticeable seat of the pants difference, and quarter mile difference. Hell, the car would probably even handle better AND stop better, being as it would be as much of a whale as what these cars currently are.

you should just buy the body section...then you won't have to worry about the rust on your 1/4's :lol:

LOL, thought about that. But... thats a ton of work swapping everything into this car.

I've seen dash's online somewhere else as well, it is something else to consider as well.