Stuck in KC

Psych0matt

So, I made it out to Omaha just fine, and headed out to Kansas City to the amusement park and I died. I the thermostat was stuck shut, so I took it out, allowed it enough time to cool down, and drove about a half mile and it just stopped. wont turn over or anything. Anyone know any tow places or shops I can take it to here? Or does anyone out here want to buy it or trade it? I would seriously consider trading for something that ran well enough to get back to indiana just fine, but would rather get this thing back to how it was running about 2 weeks ago.

Go rent a U-haul truck and car trailer and take it home. You'd have to give it away where you are and the condition it is in. The rental can't be that bad.

don't sell it, you won't get even close to what it is worth with the problem it is currently having....

I don't think the uhaul truck/trailer is that bad of an idea either....best of luck to you

Got stuck trying to get to ol' "Worlds of Fun" eh?

The U-haul route is probably your best bet, It may cost a lot, but is probably no where near what you would lose trying to dump it off at a random dealer.

So are like halfway between Omaha and KC, or what? Did you actually make it to KC?

I would offer my help and tools, but won't have any free time until Sunday. By then I hope that you will have already gotten this resolved.

Good luck, if you need some help, I'd be happy to offer. I have family near Omaha and in KC, but I hope you have something figured out by the time I become available.

If I may recommend a shop.

Burnett Automotive has many locations in the KC area, mostly South KC on the Kansas side. I work at a location here, but the ones in KC are good shops as well, they definitely won't try to screw you, but their prices can seem steep at times.

Good luck.

So, here's where I stand at the moment. Got the car towed to where we stayed last night, and I'll end up having it trailered back to Omaha (where my gf and a few other friends are working at a camp) hopefully someone there can look at it and maybe get it fixed there for either me to drive back, or if it takes a while to fix for her to drive back later. either way, I don't think it looks to cheap. I'm fearing the worst thinking I threw a rod or something. I don't think it ever overheated all the way, but just driving it warm I think may have finally broke something. when it's knocking and you barely drive it a quarter mile and hear something pop and the car dies, it's not a good sign. so wish me luck, and thanks for wanting to help. I'll keep you guys informed

car's getting towed back this weekend, meanwhile I'm stuck back here trying to decide what to do and whatnot. Not sure what's with the car, but I think I may have threw a rod :-/ I'm looking into possibly buying a cheap cavalier wagon for the time being, and if that happens I may store the cutlass at home until I can work on it (aka fix it or do a swap or something). so yeah, it was a heck of a trip, but I got to see the gf and have a mini adventure. now back to real life

oh, and yeah, its the vert. I think the guy I bought it from (2 years ago) may have screwed with some engine things I don't know about. Once it gets back I'll let ya guys know whats going on with it

yes, and how long have you had the car? the length of ownership from the guy who screwed you might be a factor in trying to get something out of him

but regardless...hope you make it home safe however you do so! :D

yeah, Im back in good ol indiana, with the car at home in michigan. Worst case scenario (which it might be) I get a new lq1 for it. however, if that's the case, I think I'm definitely going 5 speed :twisted:

I had it towed home to my parents (cuz they have room, I dont here) and I've been working. As soon as I can get a long weekend or have someone up there look at it we'll see whats wrong. I'm assuming (and thinking) that its probably bad. My dad seems to think my water pump died, and that would make total sense, but I wont know for a bit probably