Fog Light Troubles

ns87

Installed factory fog lights in my Cutlass Supreme, and I had the wiring diagram, and I'm good at electronics. So after all my work, the fog light switch only turns on head lights and fog lights. So does my head light switch, so I ditch the FLS. When both Fog lights are plugged in, theyre really really dimm, and when one's unplugged, its really really bright.

Neways. According to the wiring diagram, just tap into the black wire on both parking lights. Nope. So what do I do? I also tried the black wire for the head lights, but that doesn't work either. I'd hate to go to a shop for such a simple thing. Help guys

726182_10_full.jpg

Maybe your battery is weak, or the extra lights are putting too much load on it??

/don't have a clue really, but wanted to try to help anyway...:)

Ground foglights to the bumper.

Connect each foglight power wire to relay pin #87.

Connect relay pin #30 to battery.

Ground relay pin #86.

Connect relay pin #85 to foglight switch output.

Connect relay foglight switch input to brown park lamp wire.

That should be good enough to make it work.

Be sure to place a fuse near the battery for safety reasons.

If you want it to turn off with the highs like proper foglights should, then instead of grounding relay pin #86, connect it to power wire of high beams.

Relay pin = relay terminal. If you take the relay off its socket and look at each of the terminals, you will see they are labeled 30, 87, 87a, 85, and 86.

85 and 86 are the coil, 30+87 make up the switch that is normally open, or if this is an SPDT relay, 30+87a makes up a normally closed switch.

If you want the fogs to come on every time you switch on the headlights, take what I said above, but instead wire pin #85 to headlight positive wire.