interior electrical stuff acting funny... why????

wbody1973

95 gp gtp

-dic resets to zero everytime you start the car

-keyless entry won't lock the doors

-keyless entry will only open the drivers side door

-abs light on the guage cluster is on constantly(no break problems that i know of)

-no lights come on when i open the door.

-no interior coack lights what soever when you try to manually turn them on.

All this stuff happened at once just like that. I pulled a couple fuses, and seen no problem. Is there an electrical box somewhere under the dash that maybe went bad. I know in my father-in-laws interpid, he had this problem with interior stuff going all crazy on him and this is what it was.

If so, where is this unit located, and is it 95 gtp specific...???

Any other ideas???

Check your connection from the batt to the pos aux box. It may just be a little lose. I had problems with my car- sometimes wouldn't start, ABS light would come one sometimes, window wouldn't work, stereo would "reboot".. all along it was just one stupid wire!

Yep, the Aux Post nut working itself loose is a common problem on these cars. The ABS light coming on is a dead giveaway to an electrical problem - it will illuminate before your "battery" light does! Actually, the ABS system is very sensitive to minute changes in voltage, so that's what causes the light to illuminate.

I try to snug up my Regal's Aux Post nut at least every-other time I get gas, cause it always seems to loosen up a bit (especially in the summer.) I even put another nut on top of the origninal nut and it still manages to work its way loose :confused: ...

It sounds to me like the CTSY fuse is blown, otherwise the whole panel where that fuse resides is out. Check the battery cable that connects to the passenger side underhood fuse panel. I remember hearing about that cable breaking loose also. IIRC, one or more of the large fuses underhood supplies the voltage to the fuse box in the passenger compartment...