How much $ will I spend on my car over a 5yr period?

genEus

I really like the Chrysler Sebring.. it's a damn comforable car. We have brand new ones at Thrifty only wish they had power seats (to sit a bit lower) and the A/C isn't very cold on them. The 2.7L engine is a good size for the car, love how the DOHC starts pulling hard once it reaches mid-RPMs. Much different to drive then a GA 3400 which can spin the tires easily then loses power. Both probably close in the 1/4 mile feel much different to drive.

Wait.. what's this thread about?:lol:

[/hijack]

I drove a Matrix for a few days. I think it was the most horrible experience I've had behind the wheel, aside from my days of Mitsubishi Mirage 5spd with no power steering. The Matrix felt really small, very uncomfortable, very slow and greatly underpowered, the gauges looked nasty and the interior felt cheap. Interior reminded me of the cheapness of the new Mazda 6. Why do they feel they need to put so much cheap vinyl everywhere?

Anyways, when my gf said she wanted to buy her sister's Matrix I told her what I thought about that car. I don't think we talked for a few days after that :lol:

well i bought my lumina with 98,800 on the clock

aside of my wreck its been soooooo cheep to maintain and DAMN relyable.

today its got 136,800 on it. and in the almost 2 years i've had it the "major" repairs have been

alternator

spark plug wires

iac

spark plugs

fuel filter

trans filter and gasket

balljoints

tires

intake geaskets - were good, but i figgured i'd do em anyhow

i still need to do struts, a timing belt sooner or later, and some other misc work, but then again my cars a 93 with high miles and yours is much newer with far less miles.

and half of what i listed is considered "general" matniance anyhow.

anyone can say what they will about the 3.4, but this lumina is BY FAR the most relyable car i've ever owned

and thats almost 40k in 1.5 or so years .i used to drive ALOT more then i do now