Rate my buy

JakeMetz63

A 1994 Grand Prix GTP for $600. The car had an oil leak that he thought was the main seal, but from reading on 60degree360 I figured out what it really was. So he ran it low on oil and got a rod to start knocking. So im figuring to buy a pratically brand new engine for $1100, or if that falls through, one with 60k miles on it for $700. The tranny was professionally rebuilt a few thousand miles ago. The car has a touch screen cd player that was about $400 brand new when he got it, a 10 inch kicker comp woofer w/an amp, and all kenwood speakers. Forget what kind of tires, but they were about $600 alone brand new. The exterior is in awesome condition, except for where a rock flew up and cracked the rear tail light while it was parked on the side of the road, but thats not too expensive to replace. The leather interior is in good condition, needs a good leather conditioner applied and the carpets definately need to be shampooed. Give it a nice wash and wax and make it look young again.

So im figuring 600 for the car, 1100 for the engine and leave myself another 300 for making it look and run good, and have myself a GTP for under 2k. A buddy is putting the engine in in his garage, so im only going to have to buy him a few cases of beer :D , beats going to a shop.

Ill post before and after pics if anyones interested.

sounds like a good deal...

fwiw: if you do need another lead on a good LQ1, xtremelumina92 (Jay) has a "new" one with less then 100 miles on it that I know he is willing to part with at a good price.

Jay's is the engine that im planning on buying, he just needs to tell me a time that I can come pick it up... ive had the money sitting on my dresser for almost a week now :)

I got the car so cheap because the guy who was selling it just got married and spent all his money on his wedding and didnt have enough to pay for his next month's bills, so i kinda got a steal.

I have a crappy cell phone pic that I sent to my email

http://photos.yahoo.com/jakemetz63

the way I have always played was if it runs and drives it is worth atleast 500 dollars.

now this car has a knocking engine so that doesn't fall under these conditions so I would offer under 500. not many people will buy a car that doen't run so they will probably just take what they can get

just my 0.02