for any1 with a luminaZ or a Z hood..

havikx

i got a z hood on my euro3.4 but its been sitting and im' starting to notice some ugly rust spots on the cone filter..is there any way to stop the water from coming through the vents without disrupting the airflow?

in case you havent realized it yet..the insulating inside is cut.

i'm also buying a Z34 soon. is there any way to cut the insulating while trying to stop water? long shot. i know. thanx for the input.

-Matt

Get some stock drip trays. Your air filter is NOT taking in air from that area unless you have the filter poking through the hood and no louver in place.

werd on the baffels (dip trays) else try some duct tape...post a pic so we can be sure what you are talking about...

i'd post pics but i'm too far into the rebuild to be exact. it seems to be that, being the car was sitting for 2 months, rain dripped in through the vents and rusted the filter. its cut inside to allow air to rush in. (most certainly does allow air to come in..but its not ram air. it helps keep the engine bay cooler.) i'm wondering if theres something i could put to soak up the water but still allow airflow through the vents.

with the catch trays, it still allows the heat to escape from the vents, they are a one way only vent, theres vacuum suction that sucks out the hot air as u drive, so put tem back on, unless u like rust over a tiny bit more air that doesnt really even make a difference

I have Velcro on my car so when it rains I can go and put the drip trays on.

You won't see a huge gain with your filter there.

thats a good idea acually. i know there isnt much gain to be had but i do know it helps keep the engine bay a little cooler. cooler temperatures are always good. thanx.

5speedz34, do you have or can you take a pic of it for me?

I have Velcro on my car so when it rains I can go and put the drip trays on.

You won't see a huge gain with your filter there.

And how well does the velcro stay? I was thinking about doing something like this because I've had my drip pans out for over a month now, but I wasn't sure how well the velcro would hold up to engine heat.