Door handle...again

Chinski

I've called all the yards around me. None have handles except the place that sold me the aftermarket handle last time. It sucks. Plus my trim is the grey-black not the gloss-black, but I'd take a gloss one if I had to. I can't find any at all though.

well lucky me i got to replace both handles on my cutty last month.

i just had to wash my filthy dirty car and well the next morning i was unable to get in.

i hit the yard in town for the drivers side as that was more important. cost was 55 plus tax for a new one.

then a week later i hit the yard south of town hoping it would be cheaper for the pass side handle. it was. cost 50 plus tax. it was new as well.

at both places i took the last one for the applicable side. or so they said anyways.

if i did not want to wait i prolly could have gotten it cheaper from the web. as i had hit up http://www.car-part.com and they had them starting at 25. i do not recall if they were new or used though.

Monty

i almost forgot the part that really burned me.

in the removal and reinstall process i screwed 2 of the nuts that hold on the handle.

so i hit the local chevy dealer.

cost was 4.28 per nut.

since i got 4 of them i got a huge deal at 3.85 each.

so i guess once warmer weather hits and i can get into some yards around here i will be finding me some as spares.

Monty