Policia!

xN8x

whats funny is all the impalla cop cars out there are L36 powered...

ya for real, what are u gonna catch, a run away civic

my dad has a caprice cop car (hes a cop) and it had a corvette 350? in it, man that thing was fast, he killed many a dogs goin 90+ with that thing, good thing for the bars on the front eh

Are you sure? I don't see how they wouldn't put a L67 in it??? It it an interceptor vehicle I don't see how they're gonna catch up to somebody? Last time I checked the cops should be able to keep up with most anything on the road. I like the L36 and all but wow...if that's true...I can't believe they'd do that...

When my grandfather was still alive and was a PA State Trooper he used to have a highway interceptor usually a GM with atleast a 350 or larger engine in it. Mind you this was during the 60's and 70's. I know he chased down a Corvette back in the late 60's at over 100mph that was DUI and that thing kept up with the vette. Same engine...just in a larger and heavier car. I'll find out what car the interceptor was if I end up talking to my Dad today.

like i said before it's really mindboggling how they don't do more to it if it's l36 powered. Hell if I were running from the cops on the freeway they'd catch me if I were driving the cutlass b/c it tops out at less than 124mph.

Hell, even my dad's '92 SHO can do 142mph stock...and run away. What about other performance vehicles like vettes, GTOs, camaros, wrx's, evos, srt-4's...all of them top out at a minimum of 130mph. An L36 sure as hell can't catch any of them! Hell my g/f's '04 Mazda 6s even tops out at 127mph. I'm not saying I have ever tested this "running" theory, nor will i ever. lol :lol:

Wonder which genious at GM decided that it'd be a good idea to put a base 3.8 in a police cruiser??? I have nothing against the 90 deg. V6 (especially since I'll probably be buying one soon), but honestly aren't the cops supossed to be faster than the majority of the rest of us???

Hell, even my dad's '92 SHO can do 142mph stock...and run away. What about other performance vehicles like vettes, GTOs, camaros, wrx's, evos, srt-4's...all of them top out at a minimum of 130mph. An L36 sure as hell can't catch any of them! Hell my g/f's '04 Mazda 6s even tops out at 127mph. I'm not saying I have ever tested this "running" theory, nor will i ever. lol

you may out run the one car that started chasing you, but you can't out run the police radio....

...I have never seen that Z34 before though, nice find. :wink:

Hell, even my dad's '92 SHO can do 142mph stock...and run away. What about other performance vehicles like vettes, GTOs, camaros, wrx's, evos, srt-4's...all of them top out at a minimum of 130mph. An L36 sure as hell can't catch any of them! Hell my g/f's '04 Mazda 6s even tops out at 127mph. I'm not saying I have ever tested this "running" theory, nor will i ever. lol

you may out run the one car that started chasing you, but you can't out run the police radio....

...I have never seen that Z34 before though, nice find. :wink:

Well duh! I was just saying that to make a point about the speed the vehicle was capable of doing. :nana:

nor can you outrun a helicopter.

Anyway, these L36 powered cop cars are still better than the base Dodge Intrepids driven by my college's campus police! :lol:

There are a ton of Impala cop cars in my area along with a few crown vics. In the county I actually live in, the sheriff drives a 1999 Mustang Cobra. The county next to where I live has a handful of 99+ Mustang GT's that they use on the interstate here.

there's one squad car wouldn't mind bein' pulled over by (as someone else said)

as for police cars, typically they just modify the computer program for more power and torque, and put in a better cooling system (usually an extra pusher-fan, larger radiator, better oil coolers, better trans coolers, and better power-steering coolers)

--Dave.

there's one squad car wouldn't mind bein' pulled over by (as someone else said)

as for police cars, typically they just modify the computer program for more power and torque, and put in a better cooling system (usually an extra pusher-fan, larger radiator, better oil coolers, better trans coolers, and better power-steering coolers)

--Dave.

if you look at the link that was posted here, it shows the engine output #'s are identical to those of any GM passenger vehicle equipped with the 3.8. The cooling system was different though. That I do remember reading.

:lol: a 3.8 in a squad car! (Gets out the 2.8 regal and a mask and heads downtown)

:lol: Good god. I like the Z34 cruiser! :drool: