ub3 adapters - new theead in f/s section

stockgp

i made an apadter to make the cutlass ub3 dash upgrade plug-and-play. i made this one just because i was bored, but if people were interested, i have a bunch of parts to make more. all you would have to do is run the tach wire from the aldl connector to the cluster connector.

if someone supplied me with the pinouts, i could make them for lumis and grand prixs as well.

is this something anyone would be interested in? if so, what would you be willing to pay?

these pics are of the unfinished product. it is not wrapped and is missing the retainer clips still. also if more are made, they will be a bit longer.

keep in mind that this was made for the cutlass base cluster. if you have an analog cluster i will need the pinouts for that so i can make the appropriate changes.

also, i've had a couple questions about installation. all you will have to do is plug your connector into the female plug in the first pic below. then plug the male end in the second pic into your cluster and you're done. aside form running a tach wire from the aldl

adapter2.jpg

adapter1.jpg

A plug and play UB3! :shock:

Hell yeah I'd be interested!

I'm not sure on price, but I'd guess between 20-25 for the adapter (depending on the price of your supplies of course)

well that's one.

another thing is i'm not entirely sure what to do with the tach wire. in the one i have made, i have it in the d1 slot of the female end since it's not used in cars with the base cluster. i don't know if people would prefer it that way or if I sould leave it loose so it could be hooked up directly to my adapter. :?

this forum is really pissing me off today. every time i try to post something it takes ten minutes to ALMOST load, and then i get "cannot f*cking find server" :evil: .

anyhow. price i haven't decided on. you guys have to let me know what you would be willing to pay so i know if it's going to be worth my time and money or not. i'm not looking to make a killing, but i'm not going to do this for free.

pics i will try to get as soon as i finish insulating and wrapping the harness. physically the adapter is ready to go, cosmetically it's not. i like my work to look like something i can be proud of.

the connectors are gm parts. everything will snap together just like it's a factory part as long as the retainer clips are still on your cluster plug.

so is that three people interested? i'm thinking 30 bucks plus shipping (i'd be making roughly ten bucks), and shipping shouldn't be much. a buck or two at the most. if i've got those three sold, i'll start making more.

pm me or let me know here

dan

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but this would work in a 94 Cutty right? I am assuming I wouldn't even have to run a tach signal wire to it, since I already have a tach, correct?

If it'll work in my car, I'm interested.

correct. but if you have an analog cluster instead of the digital base cluster i'll have to get the pinouts and change some of the pins

Id like to give ya credit first, thats friggin cool as hell you've got making the adapters down and ya sellin em at the price ya are, very cool of ya 8)

I still wanna do a cluster upgrade on my regal, but id have to find out what bolts in and if its possible for you to make an adapter.

1ce again, thanks :wink:

the regal is a two-part cluster isn't it? i could still make you adapters, but i imagine you'd have a good bit of fab work ahead of you.

and thanks. :D

that's great. i'm working a doubletoday, so i'll get started on your adapter probably thursday.

as for anyone else, let me know if you are definitely in so i know how many to start making