odd question

MonteC

I don't belive so.

Stupid question but what vehicles RWD had a 3.1? Only ones I know of had 2.8s. :think:

And they are balls ass slow.

I don't belive so.

Stupid question but what vehicles RWD had a 3.1? Only ones I know of had 2.8s. :think:

And they are balls ass slow.

Hell yeah. I tested out a 80something Firebird 2.8 auto that was for sale for like $700.. cool car but holy fuck was is SLOW! I had my 88 GP 2.8 at the time and it felt like it would whoop in in a race. :lol: The guy basically said to go out and drive it and hard as we want, damn thing couldn't even do a brakestand.

Back on topic... what alternator does the RWD 3.1 have? If it's a CS-130 it WILL interchange, I know because I'm using an alternator from a 2.5 Lumina, and all that's needed to make it work is rotate the case.

Some CS-130's had different bolt patterns. I thought the same thing many years ago when I grabbed an "off the shelf" alternator that was supposed to fit an 87-91 Grand Am to install in my 93 Cavalier. The alt for the GA had 1 less "eye" on it, and no amount of "clocking" to the case would get it to fit properly (I unbolted the case and clocked the upper housing...)

the 4 bangers were lightened up pretty good.

the 2.8 v6'ers came with fiberglass hoods from the factory.

but they were considerably lighter than the v8 cars.

I don't belive so.

camaros

And other F-Bods such as the Firebird

If its a CS-130, the only difference is how the case is rotated. And that can be fixed.

its a CS not sure about the 130 part though, all of the labeling is faded.