Problem with ventilation system.

ghostwhite91

Having problem with vent. system. All the options work, the vacuum actuators are working, pulled the squirrel cage fan, works fine. Pulled the top part of the dash off to look for lodged object ( rag, etc. ). Cannot see anything in any vents. Could one of the flaps or linkages be broken from the actuators, not opening? There is vacuum going to each actuator.

What else could it be? Is there a filter clogged that I don't know about?

so I'm guessing your problem isn't that you can't select the mode (ie: where the airflow is going) but that you don't have enough volume of air ... if I'm correct in assuming that, then your problem is probably the evaporator core for the A/C in the car, those tend to collect all sorts of debris and clog up over time, usually because of extremely small leaks that cause the oil to collect on it which will hold the dirt and other objects there.

I can't remember what the vent system looks like on the W-bodies (mine is parked in storage right now) but if I remember correctly, it shouldn't take that* long to repair or just clean out.

--Dave.

I had to use a wire brush to clean mine on my 1990 buick lesabre... pretty easy... i got to do it on my friends 92 pontiac GP soon so... oh well