HUD is installed but doesn't work

94CutlassSLCoupe

I have my HUD all wired in...all wires are connected except the english/metric wire...my switch lights up in the middle when its turned on but the HUD itself does not light...any ideas on what is wrong???

I sure hope not...This might be it:

One important thing I must let you know is to be SURE to ground the ground wires between the HUD unit ("A2") and the HUD Dimmer swtich ("D") to a good ground on the car!.

Currently I only have that wired such that its just a wire between the dimmer switch and the HUD itself...not to a ground on the car.

Was your car prewired? If so, look inside the HUD to see if its display is lit. Maybe the position is just set to where nothing shows up on the windshield.

ok it lights up and works on the little screen...after changing the ground...gotta clean it and put it back together now and it should work.

well...i still do...my speed is not showing up...it just reads 0mph all the time and I have continuity between my guage cluster and the pin on the HUD. Its also not real bright when running but is with the key in Accessory (must be the power wire I am using)

ok...it was the wrong green wire...didn't try it but that is probably why the trip functions in the DIS also do not work...the wierd thing is the AVG speed does lol

Anyways...still not bright enough so anyone have a better place to get power from???

my hud's power wire runs into the fuse cluster in the glovebox, in the middle, i think its the fse on the right hand side. its suspossed to shut hud off when the car is turned off.

Guest Anonymous

Yes. You've got to put some ass into cleaning those things. Mine was beyond dim, and i took it apart and 13 years of dust and grime were caked onto it. Be sure to clean both mirrors and the HUD image display.