Low Fuel Light (anyone else have this issue?)

Curlybandit

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue. The "Low Fuel" light on my dash will come on occasionally (more often than not) even if I'm not low on fuel. It's been doing that since I bought the car. I could honestly care less if it's accurate because I'm fully capable of reading my gauge to know if I'm low on fuel, but it's just so friggin annoying. :roll: I've been told that it's actually caused by something going on in the dash and not the sending unit in the tank. I figure I'll just let the light burn itself out, but I think it's setting off the "Check Gauges" light... :x My dash lights up like a christmas tree :lol:

mine works...however the fuel gauge itself is kinda off. when completely full it's way over the F and till about the half way mark it goes down really slowly, but after that it zips right down after about 30 miles. oh well it works fine. we've got the same problem with our '92 Chevy 1500.

If the light bothers you that much, just pull the cluster out and remove the bulb.

I'll probably just let them burn out like I said, but if they really do start to bug me then I will pull the bulbs. But... if I'm going to pull out the cluster, I might as well try to repair the circuit board joints like Prospeeder did.

I'd definitely give it a shot. I'm sure that the manufacture of the clusters is relatively similar, so why not? If I can't figure it out, I'll just pull the bulbs.

My car doesn't have a low fuel light ;)

And my guage is like the guys above, when full the guage goes way over, and goes down to about half slowy, then about 2-3 WOTs, the fuel guage goes down to empty :lol:

I've had mine go on- but that was only when I was first looking at buying the car (of course it hardly had any gas in it). I'm never let it get below 1/4 so I haven't seen that light in almost a year.

I would think if it was the sending unit then your actual gas guage would be doing funny things as well. Probably a f'd up bulb.. I'd just pull it out.

I might as well try to circuit board joints like Prospeeder did.

that was a grand prix specific problem

you sure? and i havent fixed mine yet, lol, i have the check gauges and if i hit the dahs, it goes away for a while, lol, but i dont see why it couldnt be the circuit board, the RKE, and the GP ones did it too, it never says anywhere that says grand prix specific on it, just for w-bodies, why else would it do it?