AC compressor not kicking on

Psych0matt

Like the title says, i turn on the ac and nothing happens except blowing out the vents. I was going to get it recharged, but it was full. so, does that mean I just need to get a new compressor? or whats going on!? :willynilly:

Well......either the compressor is junk, or it isn't being told/allowed to turn on.

Perhaps there is a bad sensor....or maybe your control head is working....there are a ton of options.

find the AC compresor clutch relay and manually activate it (jumper it) if the clutch turns on then ther is a problem with the primary side of the realay, it's circuit, or the high/low side sensors or controll head.

does the control unit have a light for AC ? if it's not turning on start there... if it is turning on then there is a possibility of a bad sensor and or circuit...somewhere...

i have Mitchell on Demand...but i have to print it then scan it to post it (damn cut and paste dont work with mitchell lol

james

Don't go by static pressure. It will be the same regardless of how much refrigerant is in the system. As an example, a 20 lb. tank will have the same static pressure as a 1 lb can. The static pressure is heat related.