Trim levels?

Cutlass88er

OK so here I thoght I knew what I needed to know about shopping for a W, but guess what, I don't.

Does anyone know where I can find info on what was and wasn't included with the 88-96 GPs and the post 92 Cutties. I've looked on Edmunds and cg.superpages, but I doesn't give me trim levels.

I have no clue what S and Series II and III and Gold series are. Jees I don't even know all the trim models on the GPs.

Thanx

-d

I know the 97 (not sure what other years) Cutlass can be had in Series I, II, III, IV...obviously the higher series the more options. I have never heard of Gold Series though, just a dealer sticker package that was called the "gold edition" .....

Yeah, I'd be interested in a list of trim levels. I thought I'd read somewhere that all '89 SEs had that little computer under the console, but the guy that bought it had owned two and never saw one before.

Well, i know 88-90 Base and LE GP's didnt have leather or power seats, and i think the LE's and Base were onlt 4 door, with the 2.3 Quad 4, and the LE might have had the 3.1 as an option, while the SE had Power seats, V6, and Coupe only, this all only for 88-90 tho, and the Turbo Editions had RKE, Power seats, 2+2, and 6 speaker stereo, coupe only, the Turbo Sedans had 8 speaker stero, power seats, and the same as the TGP, all had the little computer thingy im aware, never seen one w/o, and the manual i have doesnt say its an option, says its standard. Oh and TGP and TSTE had HUD, the other trims didnt. 91-96 Had SE, GT, GTP, and STE trims, with different crap in them, like the GTP had areo effects standard, and 3.4 V6 standard, while the SE and GT had the areo effects optional, and 3.4 dohc optional, an d STE 4 doors didnt have Arero effects, and 3.4 was optional.

Well, i know 88-90 Base and LE GP's didnt have leather or power seats, and i think the LE's and Base were onlt 4 door, with the 2.3 Quad 4, and the LE might have had the 3.1 as an option,

not to shoot your theory in the foot, but I had an '89 GP LE 2dr 3.1L with power seats (at least the driver's side was)

The "Gold Seris" Cutlass is a real thing. Not all of them were the stickers. Take for instance the onces with the GM gold letters. I guess they were maybe going back to the International Edition. But I think they were a real option, probably just a choice if you got the Seris IV or something.

Well, i know 88-90 Base and LE GP's didnt have leather or power seats, and i think the LE's and Base were onlt 4 door, with the 2.3 Quad 4, and the LE might have had the 3.1 as an option,

not to shoot your theory in the foot, but I had an '89 GP LE 2dr 3.1L with power seats (at least the driver's side was)

I think he meant the full power seats.

I had posted a rough version of this in the Grand Prix article on Wikipedia, but here goes:

88-96 Pontiac Grand Prix:

1988: The W-body Platform Pontiac Grand Prix is introduced. Trim levels are Base, LE and SE. Options on the SE include 14-way pnumatic power seats, an LCD trip computer and compass and full "rally" gauges. 15" and 16" styled aluminum wheels are available as brushed or color-keyed. A driver-side power seat is also available on the bench and euro-style bucket seats. The 2.8L V6 is the only available engine at this time. Two transmissions are available, the 440T4 4-speed automatic, and the Getrag 282 5-speed. Premium sound is an available option which adds a speaker in each door, and a "Premium Sound" switch on the driver door to control them (On/Off).

1989: The Grand Prix receives a trim level change, Turbo. The Turbo model introduces the "B4M" body kit, a 3.1 Liter Turbocharged Intercooled V6, Heads-Up Display, the next-generation full rally-guage cluster, and on a few select ones, a sunroof. Included with the new 3.1 Turbocharged engine is a new transmission, the Hydramatic 4T60-HD (the nomenclature 440T4-HD has also been used) Steering Wheel Radio Controls are added to the option list. A/C is now standard equipment. The 2.8 is dropped mid-year in favor of the 3.1 MPFI Gen-II V6. Two cooling fans are now included in the engine bay on 3.1 engines.

1990: The digital gauge cluster gets dropped. The Premium Sound switch is dropped. Base model is dropped. A new trim level, STE is added. The STE model adds newer 8-way power seats, a vacuum-florescent Driver Information Center, and a redesigned 10-speaker sound system with a Gain slider to control bass. The STE DIC adds a complete light and door monitor. STE's are availble with the 3.1 Turbo, leather, sunroof, and HUD. The two-piece radio is dropped in favor of a 1.5 DIN standard GM headunit, and a CD player becomes available this year. Light and wiper pod switches are changed to more rounded off versions. Seat stitching changes slightly. The gray interior color gets brighter. A 4-cylinder, the Quad 4, is added.

1991: Turbo models are dropped. A new GTP model is added, featuring a body kit similar to the B4M, but with new mini-quad headlights. The new kit is called "B4U". The GTP adds a new engine, the LQ1 3.4 Liter Dual Overhead Cam V6, and two new transmissions, the 4T60e 4-speed automatic, and the Getrag 284 5-speed. The original 440T4's name gets changed to reflect Hydramatic's new numbering system. It is now "4T60". The graphite interior color is now available. STE models are available with either the 3.1 or the new 3.4. 5-speeds are also available. The sunroof is now a factory option. The 3.4/4T60e equipped cars receive a Second-Gear-Start switch. The coolant bottle is moved from the front of the engine over to the right side fenderwell. The gauge cluster changes slightly, and regardless of engine, the tachometers go up to 8000 RPM. The oil gauge loses it's numbers, and is nothing more than an empty gauge with a warning line where "0" used to be. The LCD DIC is dropped (however, non-STE models STILL don't receive the light and door monitor). Crosslace wheels are added.

1992: The sedans get a facelift in the form of the STE's front clip and body moulding. The STE's still retain their ground effects and wheels. The coupes without B4U get an upgraded BYP package. No major changes happened this year. A decal-package, the Richard Petty Edition, is available this year. It also includes color-keyed crosslace wheels and a small dash plaque.

1993: The Quad 4 is dropped. No major changes.

1994: The LE, STE, 5-speeds, 3.1 MPFI, and old interiors including the 8 and 14-way pnumatic seats are dropped. The B4U receives a major facelift. The body kit is now more round and wide-looking. The 3100 SFI Third Generation V6 is now the standard engine. The 3.4 Twin DOHC is still available. Fully loaded SE's are next to impossible to differentiate from the 1990-1993 STE's, exterior-wise. The sedans also get the STE's taillight set. The new interior adds a newer-generation DIC, a stripped gauge cluster, a new line of radios, HVAC knobs, a new console with cupholders, a rounded-off HUD defroster plate, airbags, and a new interior color, "Seafoam Green". Gray interiors and dash speakers are dropped. Coupes retain door-mounted belts, while sedans get theirs moved to the B-pillar. The GT model is now a sedan-only option. The hood louvers on the GT and GTP have gotten noticeably smaller in comparison the 89-93 louvers. A spoiler is now available from the factory.

1995: The console cup-holder placement changes mid-year. The 88-94 "sawblades" are dropped. There were no other major changes this year.

1996: This is the last year for the first-generation W-body Grand Prix. No major changes happened this year.

well, didnt they have spoilers in 91-93? what do u mean GT's are Seadn only? iv never even seen a GT sedan before, and i thought they dropped the door mounted belts in about 91 or 92, and they had crosslaces on the TGP's in 89-90, they didnt just come out in 91, new colors came out though, and didnt they get rid of the button open gas door feature too in 90.

I count the TGP crosslaces as part of the B4M package.. mainly because they are. They weren't available factory until 1991. The door mounted belts were dropped for sedans in 1994 as I said, and the remote-open gas door I believe was carried on for some coupes until '93, but I'm not positive. And no, they didn't have spoilers from 88-93. The Grand prix GT's were sedan only from 94-96, and if you want proof one exists, look at Ross' old white car.