HVAC Won't Switch from Defrost

GP1138

I'm assuming it's a vacuum problem, as I checked all my fuses, but I decided I'd ask here. My car's in my sig, I'm going to check the vacuum lines when my girl gets home with my car, but what would be any other reason my vents would be stuck on defrost?

Vacuum lines. It will be a real small one that will run behind your plenum to up right near your accessory fuse panel on the drivers side of the car. There may be a small T that a couple lines may go through. If all of those are plugged in, trace the one back behind the plenum and make sure that one is still connected.

also, check near the fender under the battery, there should be a sphere type thing, that's the vacuum canister, and if it's cracked, or the vacuum line going to it is messed up at all, it will cause that same issue.

--Dave.

Fixed. My ghetto EGR pipe hanging out melted through the vacuum line Slick mentioned. I'm gonna have to do something about that.

Go to a home depot, lowes, tractor supply, or some place that will have hose, and pick up some that will fit snugly over the end's of it.

I'm having the same problem with my HVAC. I think I found the vacuum line culprit but I haven't found the time to fix it. Bottom vacuum line off my cruise control module goes to a T. One side of the T runs to something, the other side is just completely gone. I need to find a vacuum diagram.

BTW, can you change your freaking sig? The CPU checker thing on the right always makes my screen have a horizontal scrollbar when you post in a thread. Guess I don't have my resolution set on "ridiculous". 1024x768 should be enough.

BTW, can you change your freaking sig? The CPU checker thing on the right always makes my screen have a horizontal scrollbar when you post in a thread. Guess I don't have my resolution set on "ridiculous". 1024x768 should be enough.

I agree, I thought we had a size limit instated on sigs anyways?

I agree, I thought we had a size limit instated on sigs anyways?

:lol: Sorry guys. I changed it. I paid $20 for the SigX for one year, so I figured I'd get my mileage out of it. I kinda like it. I also have my res set at 1600x1200, but I also have a 19" monitor.

Is that better?