Whee, just put 700miles on my 99 Lumi.

genEus

It was sweet. I was now one of those people I used to call "idiots," going 85+ mph. Well, I couldn't resist seeing what will happen if I push on the gas a little... And I did, but only a couple times was I not afraid to hit 100, if only for about 2 seconds, and then backed off... :oops:

Anyways, the ride was sweet, very very smooth and (almost) didn't feel underpowered. Driving through the PA mountains, sometimes I did feel inadequate with the 3.1L engine on the inclines but not as bad as on my old 3.0L V6 Taurus or parents' I4 Camry... The gas mileage is not bad either, I drove about 330 miles on a full, not topped off, tank, and the tanks in Luminas are a bit on the small-ish side.

Also, with the newly tinted glass, it looks unbelievable. Will post pics soon, but now I don't even think I will put on new rims. I just feel wasteful, driving to work and back 15 minutes each way and to spend at least $600 for a new set of wheels/tires... with the tinted windows, there is such a huge difference in look that I am even more in love with it.

Saw quite a few Monte's along the road but usually nothing more than tinted windows as mods. Nevertheless, I hadn't passed up a chance to glance at a Monte Carlo or a Lumina. After driving one and reading this forum I look at those cars in a new light...

Thanks for reading. :wink:

Well you could always wait until you wear this set of tires out to justify spending over 6 bills for new wheels and tires :wink: . That's exactly what I spent on a set of "A-condition" Lumina LS 16" wheels from the boneyard, and 4 Futura Touring HR tires (mounted and balanced) at PepBoys.

Nice story. :)

I also enjoy driving my car on the highway very much. I have the 14-way power seats from my old 1988 GP SE in it, so it's very comfortable but sporty at the same time (the factory non-power plywood seats SUCKED in this car!)

Yeah I love driving my Lumey if it's running good (lately it's been running great!!!) ....

That means a 10 minute ride to the store turns into a 2 hour cruise :oops: ... It kinda always happens too :lol:

yeah just went ona 250 mile trip, its fun indeed... i rely so much on my cruise control i dont know how i would survive without it

oh yeah went over 100 so many times, its a weird feeling when you hit that limiter!

i dont go over 100 nowadays...

I've never been over 100 MPH, too many cops around here. My GP is a great highway vehicle as well, except for the busted-ass rear struts. That causes my rear-end to flop around when I go over heavy bumps. :bash: Got a ~250 mile trip coming this weekend though!! :D

I drove the Buick over a pretty steep mountain this weekend.

My 3.0 Taurus had problems with this a few years ago, but the Buick just climbed up the side no troubles.

Very comfortable ride...I just need to get that factory cassette player replaced with a CD deck.

oh yeah went over 100 so many times, its a weird feeling when you hit that limiter!

cant say ive hit my limiter, on either the lumina or my gtp

was that i-80 in PA?? thats a brutal drive, i went through it with my GTP in may. so many damn hills

You really think that I-80 is bad around here? I mean I can understand yes, but try getting off of the interstate once, THEN you'll find some hills!

nah, ill stick to the interstate :)

there were some awesome views on 80 though

.slide_DSCF0218.JPG

.slide_DSCF0221.JPG

.slide_DSCF0223.JPG

.slide_DSCF0227.JPG

ok, sorry, im done hijacking

:slaps himself for hijacking:

haha, i do that when we drive to dennys during lanparties. mostly everyone is asleep in my car (cause i was the smart one who went to bed), then i hit the strips and scream, or slam on the brakes (roads empty, no ones behind me) and scream, or swerve and scream. wakes their tired asses right up :lol: