shift indicators

Guest Anonymous

It would be much easier, IMO, to get the needle job. a digital or LED indicator would be too involved to wire, and it wouldnt fit into the cluster. The digital ones look cool, but not worth the added work involved.

your lucky I HAVE to do a digital indicator for BOTH transmissions!

and because of the design of the range switch on the transmissions you have to wire in a few NOR/NAND etc gates to activate a single LED for each gear (as in one of my prev posts)

the needle will work just fine...

so petty yo have a hobby (R/C) store nearby right?

Guest Anonymous

No hobby stores up here... im upstate for the summer, but when i go back to the city next month there will be hobby stores galore, unless i drive down to Paramus. I may check Shit*Mart or something. I need to figure out how to run the cable. My guess is it will run through the dash, come out under the radio, run under the DIC, and go into the console. I guess I'm going to need alot of cable.

I thought Taylor from the WBS forum did this with a string through some tube.

I was planning to build an electronic one out the one I got from Brian. Too many projects and I haven't gotten to it, but I was planning to use dual-color LEDs. I was hoping to have them light up aqua except for the selected gear which would light up red. I was planning to use the gear position switch and a simple circuit to control it.

70$ for a few gates inside a fancy box boy i wish i could charge that much...like 10 bux at radioshack...dont look quite as purdy though...bo one'll ever see it :mrgreen:

I believe it's BackInBlack on the forum here that used to make custom electronic shift indicators for 97+ cars. PM him here or at clubgp(clubgp would probably be better, I don't know if he browses here mch) and he may be willing to make you one.

• 2 months later...