ReApplying badges

GrandPrix34

i got some newer Grand Prix SE emblems from ebay but they were apparently from a 97+ GP. They still got some black adhesive on the back of them. I was wondering if there was anything i could use to reapply them to the car.

By the way, how do you think a 93 4dr prix would look wit Grand Prix Se badges from a 97+ prix on both sides of the car were the original badges go?

The best way to attach them is using 3M double sided tape, pretty cheap from Auto Zone. GM dealer recomended this to me and it works very well. Only problem is you have to cut out all the holes which can take a long time but it sticks very well. The glue type stuff is junk, mine fell off all the time, but when I used the tape it was perfect and if you do a nice job cutting it will also look very factory:)

Jason

I used a product called "the right stuff", it worked great for putting on my GTP badge (my car didnt have one when I bought it)

its like the 3m stuff, but a little more forgiving, you stick it on, and then cure the glue by heatin it with a heat gun.... it was like 15 bux @ car quest....

I hope this helps...

Joe

I used Permatex Clear Adhesive Silicone. I used a damp towel and a toothpick to remove the excess. It came out looking perfect.

Problem with the adhesive silicone is that it doesn't have any adhesive qualities until cured. Also, after it cures, it's extremely strong so you probably would never be able to pull up the emblem again and would have to remove it with piano wire or something.

• 11 years later...

If you are looking to re-adhere automotive emblems to your repaired or re-painted vehicle, you can go to http://www.adhesivetemplates.com where you can search for a precisely cut 3M adhesive replacement. If you don’t see what you need, a custom adhesive can be created by contacting Adhesive Templates at 1-888-249-3350.:dance:

that would be nice, the red backed foam tape is hard to cut.

but I have found an easy way to cut it though. If you are having trouble with a razor knife getting all gummed up and not slicing it easy, you can have a bit of any type of oil to run along the blade, and it will cut much easier.

it still takes a while, but it will go a lot faster.

If you are looking to re-adhere automotive emblems to your repaired or re-painted vehicle, you can go to www.adhesivetemplates.com where you can search for a precisely cut 3M adhesive replacement. If you don’t see what you need, a custom adhesive can be created by contacting Adhesive Templates at 1-888-249-3350.:dance:

Wow is that place pricey. I'd much rather cut my own.