What do you guys think?

Cutlass88er

Is she worth it?  

1. 1. Is she worth it?

So as I'm getting closer to finding the money for another w I find this buy. Test drove it, perfect driver. It's a 91 Euro 3.1. New goodyear tires, die hard batt, ac recharged, interior is spotless. The only problem is the exterior. From the outside it looks like it hasn't been run hard, no nicks dents annoying things like that, except where it was hit by a car parking.

thecar.jpg

fronth.jpg

frontq.jpg

frontend.jpg

rearq.jpg

I worry about the rear pass quarter, it was hit and the outer skin tore of a little, do you guys think bondo will do?

window.jpg

This bothers me a bit.

dash.jpg

dash2.jpg

Not a huge prob had it worse on the cutty.

The only part that really throws me is the 204,125 miles it has racked up. Driving it you could never tell, very firm suspension and tight steering. Tranny shift really good. The dealer seems nice enough, and the other cars are in pretty good condition for the type of lot it is (the kind where you cant spen more than $3000 on a car).

In case you are wondering he's asking $995 "firm" but I'm sure I can work him down.

That seems like a lot of rust, and I think you can only fix so much, it will probably be back soon. But if she drives nice, and you like it, you gotta make the final decesion.

No way! What's with Luminas and rust? Did they get galvanized body panels like the other W's?

I can only imagine how the frame and undercarriage is as far as rust goes. Avoid

My car has very little rust underneath it...and the body panels are still good with no rust...just the bottom of the doors had some rust becuase the paint all chipped off, but that's all fixed up now.

Personally, either get her cheap as a beater/DD, or run away. Unfortunately that car has to much cancer, and that is alot of work to get it looking decent again.

Wow. I mean, surely people think I paid too much for my car, but 204,125 and a hell lot of rust? Why would you even buy it at all?? Maybe for $100, but not more.... I mean, for $1000 you can buy a hell of a car. Just looking within a 250 mile radius from me (NY) I see at least two Lumina Euros below $800, but I bet you can get an even better price from an individual seller.

$596, Black 4-door FWD Sedan, 1991, 155459 miles, AUTO, 3.1L V6

$744, Silver 4-door FWD Sedan, 1990, 153526 miles, AUTO, 3.1L V6

Hmmm... I would say a big fat NO WAY to that car for that kind of money. With a little looking, you can find a much better deal! I bet I could sell my car around there for a pretty penny :mrgreen:

Yeah, yeah... I am 75% going to keep it.. but dang it, I want a Porsche!

this is prolly what it looks like under that car

PDRM0157.jpg

PDRM0160.jpg

(this is my old z34 when it developed "problems")

oh a little duct tape and you would have been fine.

And I'm with everyone else. $1000 is way too much for that Lumina.

around the windows too, I'll bet it leaks like a mother. Rust is really a deal breaker to me... dents can be poped out and repainted, but rust is pretty much unfixable, especially in that amount..... You can find much better with no rust for the same price and with less miles as well.

Dont buy it at all, my old cutlass was alot better lookin then that car with 100k less and the rust underneath caught up quick :twisted: I ended up welding in new rockers putting on a new gas tank, replacing a strutplate that rusted out (could have been deadly), and parts of the rear struts were rusted apart. I ended up donating the car witch ran like brand new up until it died on me, I didnt bother trying to fix it. Donated it and moved on to a newer much more refined car with brakes that actualy work, my intrigue. That car looks like a nightmare 24/7.

I paid $2000 for my car which has very little rust, and much lower mileage (129000miles).

That Lumina looks like SHIT and that rust scares me! :shock: Looks worse than was on my 88 GP (and that car was BAD underneith too). Not only does that thing need a ton of bodywork ($$$ if you don't do it yourself) it's gonna need a paintjob, and who knows what else. STAY AWAY!