IMPORTANT: I need some help with this

89BuickRegalGS

I have replaced the bumper cover (what you see on the outside) on my 1996 GTP, but I didnt touch the egg crate's behind it, which is the guts so to speek.....

what do you need to know.... I might be able to help....

thanks! finally someone who might be able to give me some help! First of all, i was able to take the cover off without touching the "eggcrates" cause they are all smashed up and broken into pieces. I need to get the plate that the egg crate stuff fixes to teh bumper cover with off, but besides the bolts, there are these small hex headed looknig things with a metal post in them, looks like it is ment to keep you form taking them out! And the part whereth eegg crate fixes into the car, I can't get m y wrench up in there because of the subframe being in the way.... I am totally lost here, and my roomate might not like my bumper sitting in our livingroom for much longer (damn its big!)

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer!

so you ran into something and smashed up the guts of your bumper.... I see...

Im assuming, the "hex" things are like a allen wrench head right.....

if so, they make special tools for em.... I forget what there called though....

you could look around @ one of these places... http://www.snapon.com or http://www.mactools.com

I think there called safty allenwrenches, but then again.... in not sure....

Like I said.... I just replaces the cover, I didnt do anything with the guts.....

if you or I dont fingd out what there called by friday, I will ask the snap on dude that stops by our shop what there called....

dude, ive changed my whole bumper out, its easier than you think. if you have the cover off, theres 3 or 4 bolts on either side holding it to the bracket connected to the frame. i replaced my whole bumper when i smashed into a beamer. course... it may be diff considering my car is a 90 and i dunno what yours is

Guest TurboSedan

i recently replaced my regular CS bumper with the International (BYP) front bumper. those round clip things come out by pulling out the center part of the clip, and then the clip will come out. it's hard to describe but try grabbing the center of the clip part with a needle nose pliers, and pulling it out an inch or so (it won't come all the way out). then you can pop the WHOLE clip out. good luck

joshua