Tripping the meter (with pics!)

Darkness

Hit this coming home from work today:

834464_7_full.jpg

Now, I am trying to decide if I am going to keep or sell it, and if I do sell it, if I am going to get a Porsche 911 or 928. This one is all paid for, after all, and not in too bad of shape!

834464_8_full.jpg

834464_9_full.jpg

834464_10_full.jpg

I think I'll hang onto it for a bit longer, unless someone throws an unreasonably high amount of cash at me, which I doubt will happen for a 16 year old car with the ole 250k MILES!

A few things:

1. You need gas.

2. I think your speeding...lol

3. For a car with 250k that is damn good shape. Hopefully if you were to sell it, the next owner would take as much care of it as you did.

Yeah, I definitely needed gas. As far as the speed goes, my HUD was only showing 68, so who knows how fast I was really going. Just keeping up with traffic. :D

EDIT: Can anyone see my sig pic?

For like the first time ever, yes. :lol:

Awesome, cuz it wasnt working for me like 10 minutes ago.

High jack over

EDIT: Can anyone see my sig pic?

Yes, and that's a damn fine advertisement for FortuneCity.

solved...changed to photobucket.

Continue with thread

I can't take all the credit for it being in great shape.

It had over 220K on it when I bought it. I took a look at it when the guy put it up for sale, and bought it right then and there. I figure if it lasted that long and looked as good as it did, that it would last me a little longer. I planned on it lasting me another year when I bought it. I fixed it up a bit, adding the spoiler, using some polishing compound, etc. I also fixed up some electrical stuff and the cruise.

The guy before me claimed it was purchased by his father with 25k miles on it, then he bought it off of his dad, so I am the 4th owner. They changed the oil every 3k miles like clockwork. It has had one repaint. I can tell because of the little bit of overspray it has.

It still needs a few things, like the headliner tacked back up, and the front seats are not in the best shape. I am half-assed looking for a new set, or at least the cushion area that I can slap on my shells (and still keep my power adjustments). I also need to fix the A/C which is not working so great. Oh, and I need a power antenna mast.

The other issue I have is my wheels. I thought they were rusted, but it turns out that after wet-sanding a test spot the crazing is actually bad clear coat. Anyone have suggestions as to the easiest way to remove the clearcoat off of the outer edge without taking off any of the paint on the crosslaced area? Thanks.

Wow, that car is in great shape. Hoever, was there a defect in the leather seats used by GM in those days? Because I have seen a lot of Ws, both on and off the boards, with splits in the seats...

The split down the middle of the lower cushion is actually a "feature" on that style of seat. I guess it is meant to give each leg a little independence from each other when you are wiggling around. First time I ever saw seats like that was with this car, and I have had a lot of GM vehicles.

Wow, that car is in great shape. Hoever, was there a defect in the leather seats used by GM in those days? Because I have seen a lot of Ws, both on and off the boards, with splits in the seats...

i think theres a defect in leather from GM period, but that my own opinion. :wink: I would keep the car only because I don;t know how much you could get for a car with 250,000 miles, which btw looks great.

Ive never seen a car in that good a sahpe with 250,000. Especially up in the north with all the snow and salt and such. Looks really good though, not sure what you get for a car with 250,000 on it, although the good shape would help that out

thats awaeome!

and till just now it never occured to me that the GP clusters didn't have a tenths place, that would drive me nuts.

This not meant as a hijack, but the following comment is not worth its own thread either:

My Lumina just hit 42,000 yesterday. :lol: I can only hope that it is looks like your car does at 250K :D

A few things:

1. You need gas.

2. I think your speeding...lol

:lol: He's right!

Keep the car. It's nice, clean and fast. (I got beat by a schoolbus loaded with kids today, not cool.) :oops: