Headlight Question....

RebelMonte

i have a question that deals with headlights. i wanna get some silver stars, and i was thinking of only doing the low beams. would it look weird? or should i get turn signals/high beams too?

EDIT:Changed the title

Guest TurboSedan

this section is fine. you may want to change your thread title to something more descriptive though :)

i don't think it would look wierd, but i would do both low & high beams.

lows will be fine. its not like they are both on at the same time.

if you dont want to do highs and low, thats understandable, that would be 80 bucks just for headlights :shock:

doing both will be kind of expensive, but I think the uniformity in the headlights makes up for the added cost.

right now i have clear turn signal bulbs, i was planning on doing the signals and low beams. i hardly ever use the high beams, so im not worried about them.

btw, anyone know where to find the silver star turn signal bulbs online? only place ive seen is sylvanias site, and its back ordered. the number is 3357NA. the NA part isnt that important.

I started with just the lows in my monte and that lasted for a week... the lows were so much brighter from stock, when i put the highs on i couldnt see...

I started with just the lows in my monte and that lasted for a week... the lows were so much brighter from stock, when i put the highs on i couldnt see...

im confused

they were bright, but only lasted a week ?? (or was that you only had lows for a week?)

and you put highs in and cant see???

:willynilly:

lol...will we ever run out of uses for good old willy nilly? :mrgreen:

hells no. willynilly pwnz u

but seriously, you will not be disappointed with silverstars. ive had them in all my cars so far (lumina, jetta, now gtp)

ok i have one last question. do the letters at the end of the part numbers mean anything? my signals are 3357, and the low beams are 9006. so if silver stars im ordering are 3357A, and 9006XS, will that make a difference? or not work?i just want to be really sure, i dont wanna go through the trouble of returning shit over the net. but the numbers are the only thing that has to match right?

:lol: the stock higbeams that were awesome just didnt cut it compared to the silverstar low beams... the highs were all yellow compared to the silverstars... but then again thats what the idea behind the silverstars is :lol: i just couldnt keep it that way i had to do the highs as well

9006xs do not have the L-bend on the socket half of the bulb. The plug goes straight in. Just be sure that's ok, if not the silverstars ARE made in regular 9006. The A just stands for amber.

thanks. i ended up ordering the 2 different sets from 2 different sites. the only ones im concerned now about being the correct ones is the turn signals, which im sure is the right one.

i ordered the 3357A/3457AST for the turn signals. that should work right?

for the low beams i ordered Sylvania 9006STTWIN from partsamerica.com(basically advance auto). and it says it should work on my car. i hope it does :roll:

all in all, i ended up spending 69 bucks.

for the low beams i ordered Sylvania 9006STTWIN from partsamerica.com(basically advance auto). and it says it should work on my car. i hope it does :roll:

it will

9006 is the standard size, ST stands for silver star, twin means theres 2 in a pack. same exact thing i bought at walmart for my lumina

it will

9006 is the standard size, ST stands for silver star, twin means theres 2 in a pack. same exact thing i bought at walmart for my lumina

thanks that takes a load off. i hate ordering stuff like that where theres a chance it might not work or fit or somehting.