W_bodylover

Hey guys, i know this may sound like a "dumb question". but how much room are in W-bodies? i haven't been in one since i was about 12 or 13. From what i remember My Dad's 90 Gp and 95 Cutlass had plenty room. but then again i was only 12 or 13 so maybe it seemed bigger to me since i was smaller then. and i haven't been in a sedan in SOOOO long either. so how much room are we talking here for the coupe is it enough room for an adult to sit back there or what? and same goes for the sedans. i'm refering to 1st Gen W-bodies.

i dont know of exact details, but my 92 lumina had lots of room. i could easily fill all my seats with friends and they werent squished at all. the leg room in the back is pretty decent.

Theres enough room. My friend is about 6' 2" and hes got plenty of room in the back seats when me and my friends go on road trips everyonce once and a while. Its nothing like a van, but theres room for people.

I'm 6'2" as well, and have no leg/head room issues in either the front or back seats of my Lumina. I'd say you could fit five comfortably.

i think we had 6 in Aarons Z34 when he was trying to showboat for us. 4 in the rear bench. and im 210lbs alone + 3 others

He was trying to showboat with six people in the car? :lol2:

i think we had 6 in Aarons Z34 when he was trying to showboat for us. 4 in the rear bench. and im 210lbs alone + 3 others

He was trying to showboat with six people in the car? :lol2:

Well, yeah....all that horsepower!

Our cars are roomy, but they'll never beat my mom's Grand Caravan for pure people/cargo hauling capacity. Taking seven friends with you to off campus lunch in high school was worth every bit of it. :)

I think it depends on how big you are.

Personally, I have found every W-body to be crampy and uncomfortable in the rear, especially the ones with quad buckets. None of my friends ever liked riding in the back of a W-body with quad buckets. Even in the 4drs, if the front seat passenger has the seat all the way back, there's hardly any legroom. My knees touch the seatback. Bigger cars are way more comfy.

The front is perfectly comfortable for me, but it gets uncomfortable real fast if one of the front seat passengers is big. I have a friend who is a good sized guy, and when we ride together, we're practically bumping arms so I have to tuck my arm in which isn't real comfy. The door panels are real thick so there's not much room between the seats. The center console in my dad's car is probably a good 3" wider than the ones in my W-bodies.

I was thinking of getting a Cutlass 4 door, or a grand prix 2 door B4U. and i also like to take road trips, and i really don't want to deal with anyone saying there uncomfotable while i'm driving.

How many people do you take with you on road trips, and how big are they?

It's funny to watch people squeezing in and out of the backseat of a 2dr W-body. It looks soooo painful!

It's funny to watch people squeezing in and out of the backseat of a 2dr W-body. It looks soooo painful!

Thats why Al didnt mind giving it up to the rear 3800.......

MUCH better use of space :wink:

I weigh 300 lbs and I really didnt like his back seat (worst is getting in/out) otherwise wasnt too bad Al's small so he's got his seat almost all the way forward.

plenty of room to work on the rear 3800 now....only wish we had that much room in the front engine compartment :lol:

In my 88 GP coupe with the quad seats I found the rear was fairly small- average person would be able to ride an hour or 2 before they get cramped feeling. My 95 is slightly better. I find the Impala w-body (especially w/ bench seat) seems much wider and loads of room compared to GPs.

My Monte is really nice in the front but the rear seat is small... especially if i am trying to clean the back glass... Trunk is massive my golf clubs fit in front to back without opening the seat, first car i have ever been able to do that in