wet floor

MonteC

ok when ever it rains and i leave my grand prix out, or drive in the rain, my floor boards get soaked. if it rains hard enough i get two puddles in the back floor boards!!

wtf! are their any common w body leaks i should be aware of, cause sucking the water out with a shop vac and then blow drying the carpet is gettin old fast.

any suggestions.

if it rains hard enough, ill get a nice puddle in my GTP on the passnger side. it has to do with the sealer coming off at the bottom of the windshield for me. as far as the rear floorboards, you got me confused.

if it rains hard enough, ill get a nice puddle in my GTP on the passnger side. it has to do with the sealer coming off at the bottom of the windshield for me. as far as the rear floorboards, you got me confused.

well its all connected under their. ive taken all of the interior apart, the rear floor boards are the lowest spot on the floor. i was just emphasising how much water gets in their.

i think you may be on to something with that windshield, mine has a crack from hell in it. the winshield it self does leak, but its more of a weep, so its only like a few drops.

im gonna see if my insurance will take care of my windshield and maybe that will solve my problem.

but if someone has another suggestion, then keep em coming.

sounds like rusted floorboards

nope. well not yet, if this water keeps up they will be.

the floor boards as of now have no rust on them, hell the car has no rust anywhere.

If theres a leak around any of the windows that you can find, some silicon should fix it, other than like a leaky window and the water running down and settling on the flor boards, I duno where else it would come from, Id have to see at my car to see where else it might come from.

the door windows and the back windows dont leak, it cant be coming from those things, the ONLY water that is in the car is on the floor, and nothing else is wet, no signs of something up high leaking down from the roof or windows.

it seems like its coming from the front of the car, i.e. the fire wall, i looked at the cowl, took it apart and cleand it off and got some dirt outta the fenders, but it still gets wet inside.

the bottom of the windshield is a good lead though.

Passenger side water leaks in the front are usually caused by rain running down the windshield-under the wiper mechanical cover-into an air stack-behind the dash and to the floor.

This was a problem on my 88' till I tore everything apart and made a deflector to cover the stack yet let air in. I used a sheet of aluminum and screwed it down onto the wiper mechanical brace and caulked it. theres about .5-.75"s of clearance underneath it for air to still get in.

This is a common problem with w bodys reattached the deflector at bottom of windshield on pass side and the leak was cured. 95% of water leaks on pass floor is due to this.

good luck and be careful the air bag module under pass seat doesn't get messed up. i had to replace mine it got water logged and air bag lite came on.

Take a look quick to see if the trunk has any leaks.. because whatever doesn't make it into the spare tire well will run down under the back seats and down to the floor pan.

Passenger side water leaks in the front are usually caused by rain running down the windshield-under the wiper mechanical cover-into an air stack-behind the dash and to the floor.

This was a problem on my 88' till I tore everything apart and made a deflector to cover the stack yet let air in. I used a sheet of aluminum and screwed it down onto the wiper mechanical brace and caulked it. theres about .5-.75"s of clearance underneath it for air to still get in.

any pictures?

Hmmm ... just remove the wiper cover and you cannot miss it on the passenger side. It's a small inlet with a metal lip around it to keep channeled water out of it. Unfortunately water running down the windshield can go right in it.

Worst case senario is you remove the cover and put a small 4"x7" metal deflector plate with 2-2" screws in it to keep it in place. No matter what you can guarantee that the stack won't allow leakage. Also what may have happened is that something has allowed the water to set on the metal to allow it to corrode the lip letting water in instead of channeling it away.