jdcutty

I started debadging the Cutty yesturday, got done with the driver side, no problems. Started on the passenger side today, and for the life of me I cannot get the sticky shit off of the door. I have used heat, regular goo gone, goo gone sticker remover, Bug and Tar remover, and WD-40. Nothing is working, I cant even scrape it off with wallpaper remover wrapped in a towel, after bieng heated and soaked with goo gone.

Any suggested will help. It looks like crap right now, i need help.

Mineral spirits should work. Even more heavy-duty would be lacquer thinner, but be sure to test a small area first. Lacquer thinner doesn't hurt factory paint, but it might hurt a repaint.

I suggest going to a local bodyshop supplier and getting a decal remover. It's just a giant eraser that mounts to a drill or air tool. Its perfectly safe for paint and doesnt require much elbow grease. Just make sure you dont exceed its speed rating or it will explode.

I suggest going to a local bodyshop supplier and getting a decal remover. It's just a giant eraser that mounts to a drill or air tool. Its perfectly safe for paint and doesnt require much elbow grease. Just make sure you dont exceed its speed rating or it will explode.

ive seen them in action. pretty nice.

how long did you wait for the goo gone to penetrate? I bought some industrial stregnth stuff that was similiar to goo gone and it worked on removing the adhesive from the vinyl when I had the stripes on my Cutlass...although it was a long process that required lots of patience!

goodluck

You could always wetsand it with 1500grit then 2000grit, being careful not to get the paint uneven or take the clearcoat off. Then use either claybar or polish compound, and wax. Polish/wax the whole door though.

I stopped into a local body shop and they tried mineral spirits and laquer thinner, and they suggested that i go home and use Finger Nail Polish remover cause it has acetone in it. This, along with some careful work of a razor blade, removed it. Thanks for the suggestions though