painting interior pieces...where to get the paint?

Vegeta

Yea, go to any automotive paint/supplies store and ask for vinyl paint, like PPG. You should be able to give them a year and car and they'll get you the correct color for that year. Vinyl paint works great, and it can flex a little without cracking. It's a semi-gloss paint, so it will look right. Just make sure to prep the surface correctly and throughly...like sanding or scuffing and throughly cleaning.

Jason

When I did the dash on my 89 Daytona, I bought the cheeper car quest black dashboard dye, and it worked great!!!! for the 1.5 years it was on there in MN extreem weather (not uncommen to see a 150 to 160 degree temp change through the year), it didn't peal, crack, bubble... etc

it was like $2.50 USD a can, and I used like 2 0r 3 cans on it.......

I hope this help you out.....

Although I didn't paint the dash, I painted many interior pieces using duplicolor. Fast forward to 2 years later, all the stuff has been replaced with actual graphite pieces from donor cars, since the paint lasted worth of shit (1 year tops before wear showed up) The paint wouldn't hold up to simple use, includint the fingernail test. I did all of the prep, even used bulldog paint promoter. If you need paint, go to a PPG authorized retailer and see how much they want, maybe "dye" will hold up much better.

Ill have to drive an hour to get to a paint place I think. I will look for a place that carried PPG vinyl paint. I will use rubbing alcohol to clean the materials first, then rince with water. Now to find an automotive paint store...