Lumina 99 vs. Camry 99, quick comparison ;)

genEus

No comparison. Lumina wins in comfort, hands down! I thought parents' Camry was pretty comfortable... until I drove my Lumina today around 85mph, I didn't feel a thing, like I was going 45... only the comforting hum of the engine.

BLISS :lol:

I don't even care if it looks boring :roll:

I haven't drove a Camry yet, but I HATE the Vibe/Matrix and the Corolla. Some of the most uncomfortable cars I've ever drove, with noisy little engines.

Hell, if I wanted pure comfort I'd get a base Impala... they're nice. Nothing wrong with Luminas though. :)

you need to get out more if you think a 3100 '99 Lumina is "BLISS"

:lol: It's all in comparison :wink: I didn't say it's the most comfortable car in the world now, did I? But, out of many that I have driven, a Maxima, Camry, a Mazda 6, even a Trailblazer... this one was the one I found myself most comfortable in... And not that I need to get out more, I just need a bigger salary so I can buy a Beemer :P

Beemer

it's Bimmer ;)

I know that's the accepted spelling, however that's idiotic. No one says "Bim-mer," it's "Bee-mer." I always make it a point to spell it like that, since there's no "Bimmer" OR "beemer" in Merriam-Webster ;) so there!

:lol: It's all in comparison :wink: I didn't say it's the most comfortable car in the world now, did I? But, out of many that I have driven, a Maxima, Camry, a Mazda 6, even a Trailblazer... this one was the one I found myself most comfortable in... And not that I need to get out more, I just need a bigger salary so I can buy a Beemer :P

I beg to differ. The Trailblazer has more comfortable seats and more shoulder room than the Lumina.

yes i must admit the lumina has a great ride

i think the 99 camry takes bumps much softer then the lumina

the camry i drove was a 4 cylinder so the lumina was much smoother on the highway

I beg to differ. The Trailblazer has more comfortable seats and more shoulder room than the Lumina.

It's also a truck. :lol:

Man, you guys are just out to bust this guy's ball aren't ya.

My step-dad drives a 99 LZT or whatever the heck it is. All leather, 3.8, etc. and it's mighty fine ride.

And I'd spell it BEEMER before bimmer. If I want a bim-mer I'll go to freaking Bimini.

How bout' I dim my lights with a deemer switch. Spelling of Bimmer is for the Berkley/Honda hybrid crowd.

:roll:

Man, you guys are just out to bust this guy's ball aren't ya.

My step-dad drives a 99 LZT or whatever the heck it is. All leather, 3.8, etc. and it's mighty fine ride.

And I'd spell it BEEMER before bimmer. If I want a bim-mer I'll go to freaking Bimini.

How bout' I dim my lights with a deemer switch. Spelling of Bimmer is for the Berkley/Honda hybrid crowd.

:roll:

LOL. Thanks for that, Lee! I like this place, these guys speak their mind but don't say shit just to offend someone. I can take it, I already drive a Lumina, I was ready for the beatings the minute I drove it off the guy's driveway :lol:

I disagree with the statement that a trailblazer is a comfy vehicle, my parents have an '02 LT and its not comfy at all, the seats are odd, like super soft then they feel like sitting on a card chair after a while, the ride itself is like jello, taking a corner feels like its going to roll. I am more comfortable in my '93 cutty than their '02 trailblazer, and I drive the '04s and '05s at work that are used and they are just as uncomfortable.

Most comfy GM vehicle I have driven, '04 impala fully loaded minus the ss package and onstar. hella comfy seats, good power with the 3.8 good sound system for stock, not loud inside, not a lot of wind noise even with the sunroof open.

I like the camry and the altima, the thing that amazes me about the foreign cars is the ease of steering, the altimas are sooo much easier to turn the wheels on than like a stratus or impala, its super nice when you are hungover still drunk trying to have a lot party moving all the cars around

For a SUV, I think my TB rides decently. But I do agree about the seats, to me they seem FLAT and HARD. The most comfy vehicle I had was my 03 Bonneville with Leather buckets and the air ride suspension. I was stupid enough to get rid of the 03 Bonnie for the 04 TB...doh!

Aaron