Replacement exaust suggestions...

Stevo

Ok ... I'm at my wits end with this POS.

I lost a muffler Saturday and it's just making things more difficult.

I have to find a cheaper way to fix this goddamn car and the cost tally keeps increasing.

1) I noticed my yearly inspection is already up. $30

2) My plates are up and need registration. $170

3) I have been trying to save up for a top end gasket kit to fix the oil pump drive seal. $350

4) I think my insurance is to be renewed soon. $600

4) Now I have to replace my damn exaust (catalytic back I think). $???

My question.

would a pair of these be ok to install on my cutlass considering how cheap they are?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33636&item=7982428435

They seem to be pretty much fart cannons but I'm at my wits end with repairing this car and these seem to be the ONLY thing I can find that come close to my car and are cheap.

lol ya they would probably work, that is cheap as hell! It will probably sound like ass though having a pair of fart cannons on your car. Never know I guess.

Where you looking for that top end gasket set?? I paid just over $200 for an entire engine gasket set. 250-260 maybe. The head gasket set should only be around $160 for felpro, maybe a little more.

lol ya they would probably work, that is cheap as hell! It will probably sound like ass though having a pair of fart cannons on your car. Never know I guess.

Where you looking for that top end gasket set?? I paid just over $200 for an entire engine gasket set. 250-260 maybe. The head gasket set should only be around $160 for felpro, maybe a little more.

The best deal I can get up here for a felpro gasket set is $275CDN and the Victor-Reinz set is $300CDN.

I really dont want to sound like a pair of ricers driving up the street. =(::::

Try an american web site, like gmpartsdirect or whatever its called, see if it ships to canada if that is cheaper than what your paying up there.

Search on ebay see if you cant find some magnflow XL mufflers, they are the same as the spendy magnaflow ones, only they come with a one year warrenty instead of the life time.

MagnaFlow XL Performance Dodge Diesel 4"Stainless Steel US $395.75

MagnaFlow XL Performance Ford 7.3L Diesel 4"Stainless US $435.75

MagnaFlow XL Performance Duramax Diesel 4" S/S Exhaust US $435.75

Holy shit. :cry:

MagnaFlow XL Performance Dodge Diesel 4"Stainless Steel US $395.75

MagnaFlow XL Performance Ford 7.3L Diesel 4"Stainless US $435.75

MagnaFlow XL Performance Duramax Diesel 4" S/S Exhaust US $435.75

Holy shit. :cry:

HOLY ya i paid no where NEAR that much, unless those are the whole systems. I think I dropped 40-70 each. I got the reciept somewhere.

As much as I hate to admit this.. my GP sounded so damn awesome with a cherry bomb. Seriously.
i have been hearing a ton about cherry bomb mufflers how loud are they?

Flowmaster performance muffler model # 43543

Flowmaster says " The 40 Series is the most aggressive sounding street and strip muffler in Flowmaster's product line. If you are looking for the original "Flowmaster tone," the 40 Series is the one. The performance street and strip muffler will also generate interior resonance within the vehicle. So if you want to really hear your exhaust system inside the vehicle as well as outside it, the 40 Series is for you."

Application Recommendations From Flowmaster: * Off Road and Race applications * Early and Late Model Street/Strip Vehicles with or without Catalytic Converters * Original Flowmaster Tone * Vehicles with Dual Exhaust Tone * Vehicles with Dual Exhaust*

Will these fit my car? Theres a guy selling 2 of them locally.

The site says 3.5" in/out but he says that they are 2.5" in/out.

This guy is local too so I dont have to pay for shipping.

obviously, your exhaust isnt going to have the original 40 series flowmaster sound (that only comes from v8's). i dont know about the flowmasters cause ive never heard them on a w, but imo, magnaflow are better and cheaper. my exhaust after the split was 2"OD. most of the muffler measurements are ID. there was a huge gap welding up 2 1/4" ID magnaflows, so twice that would be ridiculous. you could also go with imco. they are cheaper and very similar to flowmaster. of course, i put a 3" aerochamber on my 87 bonne's stock exhaust that was laying around :lol:

I think I'm going to get em.

$125 x2 + no shipping charge (the guy is like 15mins away).

The only issue right now with them would be mounting them properly and exaust tips since thier in/out points are not on center with the muffler and the originals had center in/out points.