auto express down power window switch problem

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

last year i swapped a new driver's door window switch into my Cutlass, since the old switch had broken tabs and wouldn't stay in place. but, after i swapped it in the auto express down function didn't work anymore. the button on the switch does say 'auto', yet i have to hold it down to make the window go down all the way. not a big problem of course, but i wish it worked. anything i can do to the switch (clean it?) or should i just get a new switch?

Guest TurboSedan

too bad i can't test j/y switches before i buy them. oh well, it's a hit or miss type thing when buying j/y parts. i think i got this switch for $10, so no biggie.

I dunno how easy yours is to clean but the cavi was damn near impossible to clean the switch. Just get a new one.

Holy shit, your Cavy has power windows :shock: must be the luxury model!!!

All the j/ys around here let you try the part (within reason) before buying

Guest TurboSedan

yeah last time i was at Nanneman's they didn't have any 4-door Cutty's, just coupes. i'll definately check there though. too bad they usually charge alot more for parts then other places i go to.

When I intalled my power windows, the switch pod I grabbed from the j/y car only had half of an auto down driver window button. I bought some spare stuff from Shawn and swapped some buttons over. Before, it was impossible to work right because of the half button.. but even afterwards, well, it usually works, but there are some times where the switch just doesn't catch and lock into auto down. It doesn't bother me that much, because it does work most of the time, but if it didn't work at all I'd definetly just head out in place of a new, better condition switch pod.