Turn signal relay?

Ramma2

This is different from the fuse and flasher right? If so, why can't I find a replacement part from AutoZone, Napa, or GMPartsDirect?

Where is it located in the car? 1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme

are you talking about the park/signal relay?

I know they have a relay in a box near the front with the fog light stuff at the front near the headlights (at least in the 91 GP STE it is). Look in the owners manual for the park/signal relay you might find out which electrical compartment it's in then you may want to go to the boneyard to see if you can find one.

When I did mine, it was the size of a lighter with about 6 prongs sticking out.

look in my sig, you'll notice that the parking lights in the front lower signals and the rear signals aren't on with the headlights, I think that's what the relay controls.

hope it helps.

Well here is what I am thinking. The right signals work fine, but the left ones are all messed up. Front ones don't alternate like the front rights do, and the rear lefts don't work at all. All the bulbs are ok.

the relay may not be it then. Even without it I had both signals working with the alternating blink. It could be the Turn Signal Switch in the steering column or maybe as a cheap solution, change the flasher unit and see what happens, it's only a couple of dollars, but may do it.

The wiring diagrams in the Hayne's manual show no such thing. It's a direct link between your signal switch and the lights (obviously through the flasher.)

Have you checked your ground connections (at the lamps) at all?

Are you sure you have the correct size/type of flasher installed? Also, there are 2 flashers in a 95 Cutty; the one for the hazzards is located underneath the headlight switch, and the one for the main signals is up on the firewall near where the steering column passes through the firewall.

Have you farted around with the hazzard switch/knob at all? I've noticed on my Regal that if I switch on the hazzards then turn them off, it messes up the signals if I don't press the button in a certain way.

One more thing I can think of: Have you inspected the wires in the trunk at all? I'm thinking along the lines of a previous owner hooking in a trailer light harness and possibly messing up the wires if/when they tore it out...