Getting a STE DIC from the yard...few questions.

5speedz34

I'm hopefully getting a DIC from the yard and I have a few questions.

THE VFD DIC's are all the same right? So is the only difference in the coupes and STE's the wiring?

Would it just be best to get a DIC out of STE, are the wiring pigtails different?

Where is the location of everything I need?

Thanks alot.

Guest Anonymous

The STE has four extra wires, otherwise its the same. IF you want to get everything to work, you have to gut the entire car, becuase there are some 50 wires that run front to back, side to side, and lead to a pleuthora of sensors and gizmo's. I beleive digital said it took him 5 hours just to get the wiring.

Pull up the carpet and the wiring harness runs under the passenger seat and under the glove box to the C200.

Guest Anonymous

Go to gearhead's net garage website. he lists the four wires you don't hoook up if you're going to do the coupe installtion install. the LCD and VFD ones are wires the same, except for the extra STE icons.

I think the extra wires are for the rear door sensors (1 for each), front light bar bulb check and the rear light bar bulb check. But that's a guess more than experience.

I'll probably install a GPS system if the DIC dies in my STE.

Just pull a good 3-4 ft of the harness with your DIC. You'll have to manually splice in the wires to their sources because Luminas don't have the provisions for a DIC in their C200 harness.

OK, well I think I'm going to say screw it to the STE DIC's sensors and just grab it's DIC.

My question is, is there a difference between the COUPE DIC and the STE DIC? As in what's inside of it or are they interchangeble? Also I have all the wiring for the VFD DIC is there a difference between the wiring? If so can I just grab the harness from the STE?

You can interchange VFD and LCD harness' if you aren't using the STE's System monitor. Just get a decent length of the harness coming out of the bottom of the DIC so you can splice into your VSS, ALDL, fuel sending unit wire, and power source.

Believe me I have a shit load of wiring off the LCD DIC. Cool so all I have to do is get the DIC itself.

BTW- I want to get a steering wheel controls steering wheel, what do I have to get wiring wise for the steering wheel controls?

Really? Are you sure?

Is there a difference in Manual and Auto columns other than the ignition cylinder?

It's nothing to do with that, it's because there is a specific column with the steering wheel controls for the wiring.