Instrument Clusters..

supreme_style21

I dont think so. I think the cuttys still had the rectangular dash pod, and the GPs went to that weird shaped one. And I think the GPs is much taller than the cuttys.

-Robby

No the '95+ Cuttys had the new rounded dash that look similar to the '94+ GP's style.. I'm just wondering if it is the same style, or if it differs somewhat. I just want to change the lighting in my car from Pontiac's red to Oldsmobile's blue hue.

I've owned an Alpine head unit and a JVC eq in the past that also had a switchable illumination that changed from green to orange which might match your interior. My latest Alpine CD player (the most expensive I've bought so far) dosent have the illumination option though, go figure. you just have to do a little looking to find one that will have the options you want and the color also......

Yeah I want a stereo that matches, but gave up looking for a good one. I like the red illumination, but I like Olds' blue better I guess... a little less 'in your face' color.

bah, i dont like xplod, i think all of them are ugly and their hu's arent anything that speacial anyway. my hu isnt anything spcial but the reg buttons are enough to match my red illumination. hell everything is mixed in my car. the DIC is green, the digital dash numbers are orange, my HU is a mix of red and arctic blue/white. soon ill prolle have my radar detector with a green display. id love to get a whistler 1670/1675 to match but i dont even have the money for that now. that detector i have a bid on is going for $6 shipped its a $70 detector :twisted:

Yeah, I hate the looks of Xplod. I liked the pre-Xplod designs with rotary volume control and basic black/dark gray coloring. They've also reduced the number of AM/FM presets on the Xplod line. I guess they're trying to attract the kiddies with Xplod, but it makes the stereo look more like a toy than a serious piece of electronics.

One thing I will always like about Sony, though, is the separate, dedicated power antenna lead. The power antenna is only extended during radio play and retracts for CD/MD etc. I wish more HU's were like that.

One thing I will always like about Sony, though, is the separate, dedicated power antenna lead. The power antenna is only extended during radio play and retracts for CD/MD etc.

what the hell? how does that work. im confused what do you mean by seprate? mine has a seprate blue wire for the power antenna but then again doesnt every hu? Id really like to know how that works cuz i *HATE* how the antenna is up with the CD but its just one of those things ill live with. if there was some way i could rig it to not do that, that would be great

One thing I will always like about Sony, though, is the separate, dedicated power antenna lead. The power antenna is only extended during radio play and retracts for CD/MD etc.

what the hell? how does that work. im confused what do you mean by seprate? mine has a seprate blue wire for the power antenna but then again doesnt every hu? Id really like to know how that works cuz i *HATE* how the antenna is up with the CD but its just one of those things ill live with. if there was some way i could rig it to not do that, that would be great

Yep, all Sony's have two remote wires, one BLUE for "ANT REM" and a BLU-WHT for "AMP REM". The ANT REM is only powered on (antenna up) when the TUNER is selected. The AMP REM is powered on anytime the stereo is on.

I don't know what people are talking about when they say Sony doesn't sound as good. Sony's always sounded great to me. Magazine reviewers often say Sony sounds great, and the specs are just as good as anyone else's. The only time I've heard anyone say Sony doesn't sound as good is when I see it posted on a msg board where someone says they heard it somewhere else (not just here, but other boards too). My only gripe with Sony is this Xplod stuff looks like crap. Obnoxious and cheap looking. Not professional and sophisticated looking like the now gone Mobile ES line.

i dont have any experience with the xplod line but i had a much older regular sony....i forget the model and it sounded great. i think its their line of speakers/amps/subs that people hate. damn if it wasnt such a hassle to sell on ebay id rip my hu right out and get an alpine just to get that antenna lead

• 3 weeks later...
What do yall mean with the orange color above? or Olds blue?

Jon

Pontiac's guage backlighing is red/orange (depending on who's looking at it and how old it is) and Oldsmobile Cutty's have a blue hue, instead of red/orange.

Just got an Xplod.. cheap.. it sounds good, but I don't think i'm growing too fond of how it looks. I'm gonna have to go back to Pioneer.

Like the backing with the numbers is orrange than my green/blue?

Ive seen that pontiac orrange in a bunch of their cars. Not to bad. Anyone have any pictures of one lit up?

Jon

Yeah, I hate the looks of Xplod. I liked the pre-Xplod designs with rotary volume control and basic black/dark gray coloring. They've also reduced the number of AM/FM presets on the Xplod line. I guess they're trying to attract the kiddies with Xplod, but it makes the stereo look more like a toy than a serious piece of electronics.

One thing I will always like about Sony, though, is the separate, dedicated power antenna lead. The power antenna is only extended during radio play and retracts for CD/MD etc. I wish more HU's were like that.

shawn all of the newer kenwoods have the seprate att-rem line and teh power attena line they are great and they are making htem better then ever my old one lasted me 6 years and i sold it for 100 bucks the girl that bouth it loves it and has told me its never fail her once it was a hardcore deck lol they make a good product might want to check them out lol