impala a C-body?

sonyman87

i went to get rims from an 04 police impala and the junk man thought it was a C body and not a w-body i told him it was.\

he tried to tell me that the grand prix isn't a w-b0dy 2. i told him just to sell me the rims even though he didnt think they would fit. rofl. his boss came out there and told him that they would so im getting 2004 police rims for $25 each tomarrow.

Isn't the C-body the extended B-bodies? AKA Buick Roadmaster, Caddy Fleetwood?

Roadmasters, Impalas caprice's and wagons are b-bodys Fleetwoods are d-bodys witch are just slightly extented b's.

Isn't the C-body the extended B-bodies? AKA Buick Roadmaster, Caddy Fleetwood?

Roadmasters, Impalas caprice's and wagons are b-bodys Fleetwoods are d-bodys witch are just slightly extented b's.

Yup, that was it. D

So is there such a thing as a C-Body then?

The "Bigger H-bodies" IIRC, like the Park Avenue, 98 regency, Deville FWD's. I thought the C was also the RWD of the same cars in the early 80s. But my brain is wrecked till I get some sleep.

Yes, there are C-bodies ( or there were )

The C-bodys ( like Olds 98 ) were the bigger RWD B-bodys ( like 88 ), until the 80s when the C-body became a bigger version of the FWD H-body. The B-body continued to be strictly RWD on the Caprices, Roadmasters and what-not.

The D-body has always been used exclusively on Caddy Fleetwoods, and their limo counterparts since the sixties.