Is there such a thing...

Cam'ron

I would like to hook an amp/sub up in my 2003 MONTE LS but i really dont want to change the factory deck :? is there a kit to do this or am i barking up the wrong tree

I just hooked up my amp to power my 4 full range speakers in my car, using the factory deck as a source unit...however I don't have a sub...I'm sure it is doable though....just about anything is.

ok next part of the question... dun dun dun.. lol

my monte carlo has the upgraded stereo and there is already an amp in the trunk...can i use that in anyway for a sub?

highlevel inputs and a crossover?? anything

I am pretty good with car audio but i have never wanted to keep the factory radio

The amp in the trunk I'm going to guess won't have enough power to power your subs...however I'll let someone else more knowledgable chime in before I tell you something that isn't correct

according to gm :lol: it is 200W prolly not enough for a sub, i would wonder if i could do the splicey thing and use the leads from the rear speakers as high level inputs on an amp and make sure i have a crossover to bring the levels back down... i would really like to know if there is a kit that kinda sandwiches in between the radio and the harness the somewhat highjacks the signal to use the rca's for low level?

that stock amp powers the rear speakers. My bro has a 2000 monte ss and he hooked up his amp and subs to his stock stereo and that mofo pounds. I could ask him the details of his install once and repost for ya. Let me know if my info would help.

definitely... :D

judging by the wires in and out that amp is fer all 6 speakers... sounds real good but i miss the boomin since my 81 regal got snatched

alright, I don't see him that much, but I could give him a call tomorrow and ask him. I know my friend has a 98 z24 cavvy and his subs don't sound too good with his stock stereo, but my brother's do. Then again, his setup is all competition stuff and my friend's is just 2 mtx 10's and a mediocre amp. So, yeah, I'll see what info I can dig up for you.

Easy to do- Use a line out convertor. Basically, it converts from speaker to RCA style inputs. You will want to tap into the speakers right behind the deck for the best signal, then you can run your RCA into the trunk. You will have to make sure that whatever amplifier you go with has a low pass filter on it. Also, you will have to make your own switch lead (the one that tells the amp to turn on). At work, we usually hook it up the the 12v switch lead coming out of the back of the factory deck as well, so it's only on when the deck is on.

Easy to do- Use a line out convertor. Basically, it converts from speaker to RCA style inputs. You will want to tap into the speakers right behind the deck for the best signal, then you can run your RCA into the trunk. You will have to make sure that whatever amplifier you go with has a low pass filter on it. Also, you will have to make your own switch lead (the one that tells the amp to turn on). At work, we usually hook it up the the 12v switch lead coming out of the back of the factory deck as well, so it's only on when the deck is on.

Yup. what he said. I have installed one in a 03 Monte. Make sure your theftlock is not set before you take out the radio though, unless you know the code.

Try checking out this site:

http://www.impalahq.com

Look under "How To" as they have a whole section pertaining to the Impala's audio system. Seeing as the Impala is (practically) the same as the Monte, you should find some useful info...

I had a 2000 MCSS with a 12in Jl sub and aftermarket amps pushing the 6x9 and 6 1/2

The easiest way (like previously said) is to use a converter on the rear speakers. The problem with the GM deck is it is a low level signal going to the amp. So if you cannot use the converters on the signal before the amp as you will be trying to convert a low-level signal.

I used a converter on the rear speakers and on the output of the converter I used a Y RCA adapter and split the signal to the sub amp and the 2 channel pushing the other speakers.

The stock amp completely sucks, ditch it ASAP.

If you have any more questions, PM me.

Glock

And after all of the help from you guys i think i will still end up talking to some installers around town here cause as much i know about car stereo some of the stuff you guys have said still unfortunately has me scratching my head :oops:

It is all appreciated though thanks maybe i can use some of it to sound like i know what i am doing when i talk to the installer :mrgreen:

Glock i am sure the factory amp is crap but man does it sound good with out screwing with anything... i just want the BASS back