Got my amp installed...

1990lumina

Well actually, it is partly installed. I have all the wiring in, and the rear speakers amplified, but I'm going to finish wiring up the front tomorrow (I ran the wire through the car to the amp and back to the front, just have to wire it up.

Here are a few pictures of during the install.

The only thing that was hard was putting the power cable through that gromet where the master cylinder for the manual cars is....what a pain in the ass! I was doing fine, then I put a coat hanger through the gromet...and taped up the power cable to the hanger...I thought I could pull it straight through, boy was I wrong. I pulled the freakin gromet through the forewall into the interior :evil: :roll: lol....it was hard, but I got it put back into place...

This picture was suppose to show the amp in the trunk...but it was to bright outside and the trunk was to dark I guess lol...

0622_003.jpg

Here is the amp all mounted up - yet to be wired

0622_004.jpg

Here is a picture of the back seat area lol...I tore half the freakin interior apart to run the wiring and also to drill holes on the rear deck so I could create the studs that I mounted the amp to in the trunk.

0622_005.jpg

In this picture, you can see two of the 4 bolts I used to create the studs in the trunk to mount the amp. They are just in front of the two holes beside each speaker.

0622_006.jpg

Well, I'll update later after I get everything all wired up nicely, and have everytinhg put back together (I have the interior back together, other then I have to put in the back seat, and it'll be done.

Oh, and you'll notice my fan and relay aren't installed yet either...they will be tomorrow.

- Jeff L.

Did you isolate the amp from the chassis? I can't tell from the pic. Would hate to have a short when you power it up.

Glock

Do mean, did I ground it? Yes it is grounded...and I've been playing the amp while putting my interior back together last night...so far everything seems to be working fine.

But maybe I read your question wrong...

Did you isolate the amp from the chassis? I can't tell from the pic. Would hate to have a short when you power it up.

Glock

Also, if you mean, is the amp chassis...tooking metal to metal with the car. The answer is no. On the studs that I have coming down I put them like this.

Bolt and regular washer on the top, put through deck deck, put on lock washer and nut the tighten as much as possible. Then, I put a bigger sized washer of top of that, and then 1/4" rubber on the studs...then the amp, then washers and another set of nuts (doesn't sound very good at all lol)

Glock

Also, if you mean, is the amp chassis...tooking metal to metal with the car. The answer is no. On the studs that I have coming down I put them like this.

Bolt and regular washer on the top, put through deck deck, put on lock washer and nut the tighten as much as possible. Then, I put a bigger sized washer of top of that, and then 1/4" rubber on the studs...then the amp, then washers and another set of nuts (doesn't sound very good at all lol)

Yes, I meant the metal of the amp touching the metal of the car. The amp needs to be isolated from the metal of the car and it looks like you did that.

Glock