Heads up display installation

Supreme Cutlass

Guest TurboSedan
would my 92 4 door cutlass supreme have the correct wiring to simply plug in a HUD from one of the other w-bodies?

probably not. when i added HUD to mine i had to do all of the wiring myself. my HUD came from an '90 Cutlass International.

I don't think they were prewired until 94, but you can always check.

Take the bezel out and see if there's a connector taped up to the foglight/cluster harness.

What do you mean by prewired?? I'm getting a '96 Cutlass Supreme, so would that mean, I might be able to just plug it in?? And what car would it have to come from, a '94+ Grand Prix????

Prewired meaning the connector is there, all you gotta do is plug it in.

I'm not sure about 95-97, I think Brian P might know. My 94 was definitely prewired, easiest HUD install I ever attempted.

If the 96 were prewired, yeah, you would use one from a 94-96 Grand Prix. I think a 97-03 could be made to work as well. Cutlass from 95-97 never got a factory HUD so you'd have to cut a hole in your dash and try to integrate a Grand Prix HUD bezel.

Not to my knowledge. I really don't care If I have to do modding to put it in, it's just that the tape on all the wires in/on the instrument panel have gotten all sticky and gross, so I was hoping for an easy plug in. If anybody happens to have the opportunity to take some pics while they're doing repairs/ w/e, I'd like to see them so I can see what i'm looking for . :lol:

the tape on all the wires in/on the instrument panel have gotten all sticky and gross

Don't you just HATE that??? Every wiring harness in the car is like that, too. :bash: :puke:

Guest Anonymous

The heat in the summer melts the adhesive form the electrical tape and it just drips and oozes all over everything. Its nasty.

Ever go in there when its hot outside? all the tape practically falls right off bechause the adhesive melts.

Guest TurboSedan
the tape on all the wires in/on the instrument panel have gotten all sticky and gross

Don't you just HATE that??? Every wiring harness in the car is like that, too. :bash: :puke:

you wussies :lol:

anyways, yes like Dave said it SUCKS trying to get the HUD to mount right. i'm pretty sure i'm taking the HUD out of my Cutlass. it just looks like shit. the only way i'd have HUD in a car is if it came with it.

did CS 4 doors come with HUD????

Actually, the '92 Cutlass Supreme 3.4 Sedan I was looking at when I bought the Bonneville had HUD, a sunroof, CD player.. oh, and a Getrag 284 :wink:

did CS 4 doors come with HUD????

Actually, the '92 Cutlass Supreme 3.4 Sedan I was looking at when I bought the Bonneville had HUD, a sunroof, CD player.. oh, and a Getrag 284 :wink:

I've never seen a factory 5spd sedan....didn't even know they made them

I haven't ever seen one either, but I guess they do. I looked up the blue book on mine yesterday and it didn't even have manual tranny as an option, but I just looked up the 92 and it gave manual tranny and 3.4 as options. Just my completely worthless $0.02.

Guest TurboSedan

i know the '90 Grand Prix STE could be had with a NA 3.1/5-speed. i think that was the only sedan available with a 3.1/5-speed combo. there were also DOHC Cutlass and DOHC STEs that came with a 5-speed. i'm not sure if the Euro 3.4 or Grand Prix GT sedan came with 5-speeds.

i know the '90 Grand Prix STE could be had with a NA 3.1/5-speed. i think that was the only sedan available with a 3.1/5-speed combo. there were also DOHC Cutlass and DOHC STEs that came with a 5-speed. i'm not sure if the Euro 3.4 or Grand Prix GT sedan came with 5-speeds.

Euro 3.4 never had a 5-speed. Not sure about the Grand Prix GT.

I saw a DOHC International sedan in the wrecking yard not too long ago with HUD.......and a sunroof and black leather.....was a nice car at one time.