Is there an adjustment for.....

3pt1lumina

...how the trunk lid stays up? It will stay up on a flat surface but if you are on any incline at all it falls. I haven't added a spoiler or anything. I'm kind of sick of using the baseball bat to keep it up.

If there is an adjustment I'd like to know how to do it. Thanks!

Yes there is....you have to move the spring adjustment rods down (or up?) to the next adjustment slot in the trunk...

You might want to use a bar over the rod since they have alot of tension .

In the below picture, look by the blue speaker wire, there is a rod there and three slots....I'm going to guess you'll want to move the rod up 1 more notch (or for you it might be two notchs)

And you do this on both sides of the trunk...(one adjustment on the right, and the left)

0609_002.jpg

Lol, reminds me to take it out of my trunk....it was in there because I found some rust starting inside my rear quater panels..so I sanded them all out and sprayed some tar in there and it made the car smell like shit for damn near a week lol...the trunk was the worst because I had it closed all the time and no air circulation...

Anyway, glad it worked out for you

In the below picture, look by the blue speaker wire, there is a rod there and three slots....I'm going to guess you'll want to move the rod up 1 more notch (or for you it might be two notchs)

And you do this on both sides of the trunk...(one adjustment on the right, and the left)

0609_002.jpg

Sorry I dont mean to hijack this thread....but what are those black metal pieces below the 6x9's?

Yup, there are no screws holding the spakers on, that is how the stock delco pseakers were held on...however there will be screws as of tomorrow. The brackets don't hold my speakers in there very well because the brackets are to small for the bigger speaker magnets. I installed these speakers in -40 weather so I just bent the bracket to fit, but now that is has warmed up, the speakers vibrate because the brackets don't hold them in place....

Anyway, it is quite easy to take the speaker on, and whatnot. The magnetic power of the speaker holds against the bracket...and the bracket has to mounting points. One side slides in, and the other side has a notch it slides into...

- Jeff L.