Car just died-- I need your input...

Intlcutlass

I am at work right now, I went to go get lunch, and noticed my volts were low.... I am thinking alternator.

HOWEVER!!--- My P/S pump is leaking badly... Is it possible either there is so much fluid on the belt (I didn't realize how much fluid was leaking unti I opened the hood-- it's a lot), that it's just slipping , or would fluid on the alternator itself kill it...

fluid on the belts could cause the belt to slip , and tada no turning the alt and low voltage. My guess is first get the leak fixed then go through the trouble to pull out the alternator.

Fluid's not good for the alternator, it smells bad when it burns on it too.

She's gunna meet me here with jumper cables so we can get it home... Only 10 min away... and I have an alternator, and pump at the house from the 3.1Turbo I am building.....

:bawl:

Good News... the alternator was fine... The belt was just slipping from being saturated.... :puke:

It's nice when you have the whole assembly put together... Tank, pully,everything.

Took it all apart.. covered the alternator and the end of the PS hoses in plastic... Powerwashed everything, then put it all back together...

3 bolts on the pump... thats it!!! :lol:

the HP line needed a pipe over the end of the 5\8 wrench to bust that sucker but all worked out OK, in probably under an hour... I could see someond doing this in half that if all the part are there, and all goes well.I tok time to clean it up a bit....