Swapping Q's

Latroca1

Hey everybody I'm new to the boards. Been lingering for awhile but but came up with some ideas.

I picked me up Euro 3.1 a 93' beretta and an FX kit for the beretta for 300.00 awhile back. Mainly for the beretta to upgrade brakes and Misc. upgrades for cheap.

So now I have parted out the beretta and made my money back and have the Euro to fix up for my Fiance'. We are getting a house and she needs a reliable FWD. She has a 4banger stang I got 3yrs. ago for 300.00 mint cond. and has been very reliable to her.

But we now how rwd cars are in the snow.

I wanted to swap parts from others and make it nice looking too but with little money. I was finally able to piece the engine bay together the people before started to tear the motor down and must of thrown half the parts away. Tore up the steering column. So needless to say I have no column now. Just got her together and atleast fired it up to see if it was worth bothering with.

It runs and the motor sounds good and strong so for now I am going to keep the motor and run it till I can rebuild the 3.4 twin cam.

I have a friend with a 91' grand prix I believe that I will be pulling it from.

But getting to my questions I was thinking of maybe taking the nose and making the ground effects work. Is this possible and has anybody done it?

Interior wise will the grand prix's swap? The Euros is really beat.

Why not use the grand prix!! My friend said he got the car off a buddy that was in a middle of a divorce!! That should be the answer there.

I tried searching but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks!!

the nose and gfx could be swapped on in theory, but it won't be bolt on...you would have a lot work to do to make everything line up/look right....you would at minimum need a different hood and possibly doors too

Now would the doors swap too?

I don't have the car here it's in my buddys storage. I'm trying to get a plan together I figured I could do this in a couple of days..

Guest Anonymous

why don't you just fix up the GP? since it has the body/engine/interior that you want? That would be much easier than trying to make different body panels fit together on a different car, let alone swapping the interior and 3.4

Well a friend of mine doesn't have the title he got it off his friend a couple of yrs. ago while they were in a divorce and now has no way of getting in touch with the guy.

Unless I can get another title with the vin tag.

you might want to contact the local DMV to see what their protocol is for lost titles.....I know in michigan I can buy a car without a title and get it titled to me as long as I get the VIN visually inspected by the local Police Dept as long as I have a clean (not stolen) VIN and the person who sells it to me gives me a letter stating how the vehicle came into their posession.

Guest Anonymous

I still think iit would be hell of a lot easier to get a title for a car than to swap everything onto a different car. there is no way the grand prix body panels will fit on a lumina, as doors, fenders, trunk, hood, quarter panels etc have to swap, and all the glass is different... its not going to happen.

Actually If I could use the headlights I would be happy with that. I have beeen out there staring at it and see little things I could do to make it look different.

Might just look foora ground effect kit.

But deffinitly do the interior swap The grand prix is mint plus It has the loaded seats and I like the dash works alot better.

Thanks for the input going to start gutting my car now

Guest Anonymous

If it has the "loaded" seats, chances are this prix you have at your disposal is a GTP, and I beleive it would be in your best interest to fix up the GTP rather than the Lumina, especially if its one of these alll-elusive, sacred 5-speeds.