Check this guys dyno chart, claims 201Tq wit a 3.1

GrandPrix34

this guys dyno is really bothering me! he claims 178 hp, 201tq wit a 3.1 fitted wit the Tornado Intake, hypertech Stage II chip w/thermo, drop in K&N and ANSA exhaust...now i ask myself...thats what RedZs and DyKZ's dyno #'s were wit the 3.4 modded, so hows this possible????? nice looking prix, though, ill give him that....

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/granprix91/dav.html?mtbrand=AOL_US

1)tornado......isnt that the bullshit thing i saw on TV thats supposed to make the air spiral and give u better gas and more HP? considering its pointing to the tube and thats where its supposed to go thats why im thinking that.

2)In addition to all we've been thru about the airbox, i think even taylor(or someone) said just using the K&N is worse because the way the pleats go do more harm than good than if u just used a stock replacement filter

The chip is about the biggest mod there. i would have went with a 180* thermo and at least got a hi flow cat or something.

as you can see im very skeptical here, so correct me if im wrong anywhere. o well

Ive never seen a stock 3.1 get dyno'd, however that's all that engine really is- stock. However, both the HP and torque charts show peak where the 3.1 peaks normally are, which is baffling me!

yeah but you think with mods, the peaks would change. I know the stock 3.1L torque will peak around 3600rpm and after I got my exhaust and K&N, I noticed the torque would peak earlier around 2800. I dont believe anything on that link, there is no way in hell he is getting that much at the wheels.

read below the charts. the owner writes "I think the previous owner did something with this car's gearing... that would explain the hp, torque, and acceleration. This was suggested by the dyno shop owner." could it be the gearing?

Transmission gearing only changes the acceleration and top speed of a vehicle... now if the Dyno reads horsepower rating based off of RPM's relative to the vehicle / wheel speed... he could be getting a false reading (if that's the case). Otherwise I would think Dyno measure past that to get true accurate readings.

- RedFox340

And, I would think the chassis dynos would have something in the computer program where you could enter your final drive ratio. Maybe, he enntered the wrong final drive ratio. Yeah, I will call BS until I see with my own eyes and race the guy.

I call BS also. My Turbo Cutlass, with 180k miles and a 5 speed, pulled 202HP and 275FT/LBS. I've got the actual dyno sheet to prove it...not some digital screen capture of it. In fact, that doesn't look like a scan at all...almost like he created it in PS...

Jason

He hasnt owned the car for years now. It was talked about a long time ago and it came up that the previous owner had done some stuff to the motor or tranny. I dunno what to think but it doesnt really matter. I believe he drives a camaro these days. Chris talked to him more than I ever did.