Digital instrument cluster

Supreme Cutlass

I'd like to apologize in advance for any rules my noobness violated..

I noticed the article on the site about upgrading the digital dash in the 1st gen w-bodies, and really liked what I saw. The only thing the guide didn't explain was how to GET the gauges. Is this something I have to scan the junkyard for?

That, and it didn't really explain how to change the switches with senders. The search I ran on the forum didn't turn up anything conclusive.

once again, sry for the noob question :withstupid:

the senders you need to get new from an auto parts store.

if you just want the gauges you can take the much easier route of buying the ANALOG cluster from a 92-94 cutlass supreme and it will plug right into the base model cluster.

only one wire to run with that cluster and it goes to the icm (one of the white wires on the icm plugin). i'll look at mine tomorrow and give you an better idea of what to do tomorrow.

I just thought that the digital ones looked really cool. I'd rather keep my base model cluster If I can't find the UB3, just because I kinda like having something that few people have.

• 2 weeks later...
the senders you need to get new from an auto parts store.

if you just want the gauges you can take the much easier route of buying the ANALOG cluster from a 92-94 cutlass supreme and it will plug right into the base model cluster.

only one wire to run with that cluster and it goes to the icm (one of the white wires on the icm plugin). i'll look at mine tomorrow and give you an better idea of what to do tomorrow.

So, you're saying that the analog cluster from the 92-94 CS is plug and play (save for one wire) in place of a base (no tach) analog cluster?? Also, what does the icm wire do anyway? (sry for noob question) :(

The analog cluster is a direct replacment for the base digital one. You need to trade the coolant and oil pressure "switch's" for "senders", since the base digital cluster has idiot lights instead of gauges and run a wire from the icm to the tach I belive.