summer heat.. does your A/C work?

THe_DeTAiL3R

Does your A/C work?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does your A/C work?

• YES, it's ice cold!
    • Somewhat... it leaks or needs to be charged.
    • Nope. Probably cost too much to fix.
    • It doesn't HAVE A/C (or I removed it)

5@55 is the way to go :)
We always used to call it "Four-Sixty Air." As in 4 windows down, 60 MPH (or I suppose you could say "Two-Sixty" in a 2-door car...)
and that cuts your fuel economy way down too :lol:

only when your going fast, like 65+, then its better to use AC.

My A/C is nice and cold, now! On an 86-degree day, I'm seeing 40-degree vent temps. :D

The V5 compressor is bulletproof. I've heard from A/C guys that the V5 itself never goes bad. There are 2 main problems they have:

- Control Valve: Acts like a bad compressor, very easy to change but system needs evacuated, vacuumed, and refilled.

- Compressor shaft seal: Leaks from the compressor.

A noisy compressor is usually a clutch shaft bearing. If it's cycling too much, that's a low charge.

Mine didn't work until I replaced the control valve. I was cheap so I bought a '99 Chevy Malibu compressor for $10.50 off Ebay and swapped the control valve into mine.

My A/C used to work great in the TGP, until I did the fin mod for the intercooler and punctured the condensor. Then I took out the condenser, compressor and all the lines. I haven't missed it yet, but I only drive the car on the weekends when it's nice out.

5@55 is the way to go :)
We always used to call it "Four-Sixty Air." As in 4 windows down, 60 MPH (or I suppose you could say "Two-Sixty" in a 2-door car...)
and that cuts your fuel economy way down too :lol:

only when your going fast, like 65+, then its better to use AC.

actually the results have been 45+ its better to use the AC.

eh, depends on the coefficent of drag and such, but im sure its not that much of a difference at 55. at 65 it gets to loud to talk to people in the car, which is why they go up

9 times out of 10 when i'm riding by myself i never use it. only when friends are with and the request it. i usually just roll the windows down. cheaper for some reason i just like it more 8) . although i need to make a point though to run it every so often for a while to make sure it does work though...